Forum for kitesurfers
marcopolo
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The New BEST flat kite pics....

Postby marcopolo » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:35 pm

Hi guys, it's wrong, is just to interrest you about this problem :

rapt 2 was the first flat kite on the market (more or less), with goods prices (direct price), and nobody is talking about this kite : all posts for xbow, nova, one, hallo,.... Windwing has forgotten marketing, riders, communication or is just a fucking kite?

I don't like BEST kites, but all the people know BEST, their marketing is on top, because when you are writing BEST in forums, shure you have after, posts and post for or against this BRAND, but the important is to communicate for the brand and WW ????
8)

1 : rapt 2 is a fucking kite ?
2 : Nobody has tested this kite ? (but reals tests, not WW R&D, or WW dealers tests)
3 What about the bar (CC bar the worst unsafety bar we ever seen)

I hope this post ll be more of 10 return,

thekiterider2000
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby thekiterider2000 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:00 pm

Can't speak about the Rapture 2 but I have owned and sailed a Rapture 1 12m since they first came out. S/No. 16 and was the first one in OZ.

Have ridden it weekly and out of the 8 kites I own this is my favourite. Great high wind kite. Had it out in 33 Knts a couple of days ago. Safe as !!

The CC Bar is not unsafe in my opinion. It is the best suited bar to the Rapture, taking advantage of the huge depower available with it and the Rapture combined.

As with all new equipment it takes a few sessions to get used to but rewards the user immensely.

Fitzy Gold Coast OZ
Attachments
Kite 1.jpg
Kite 1.jpg (24.99 KiB) Viewed 2306 times

gumball
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gumball » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:06 pm

This is just to give some authenticity to the thread title... :D

gbgreen59
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gbgreen59 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:28 pm

I sorta know what you are saying Marco, but you're not totally accurate.

WW started a thread about a month ago to peak everyone's interest in the Rap 2. Can't remember how many pages the thread lasted, but there were a bunch. There are several reviews you can read about the Rap 2 now. Go to the Reviews section of KiteForum. Also, WW posted a hand full of reviews on their web site. I believe Toby moves the review from "kitesurfing" to "Reviews" after a while. Rap 2 isn't getting the broad distribution that the Crossbow got in the beginning, but they are out there.

WW seems to have a different strategy about using the KiteForum than Best. Each company is doing what they think works for them. If you look at Cab, they never post directly on KF. However, WW shows up periodically.

Mattdog
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mattdog » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:47 pm

I ride the 12m Rapture I, 2005 model. It is a very good kite. The kite depowers like a mofo. comfortable in 25 to 30 knots. And I can stay upwind on a 132x38 (170 lbs) in 12 knots.

The Rap 2s should have even more range, supposedly better low end. I am thinking about getting the new 12m as my largest kite.

I just use a slingshot bar that I modified with an additional trip strap (has two trim straps in series) for extra depower range. Really the Rap has light enough bar pressure, you really don't need a CC bar (with pulleys to add resistence). I ride without a stopper ball or fixed loop. Its safer anyway.

WW has a huge advantage over other bows in that the bar pressure is so light. plus its almost 1/2 the price.

Having owned Best's Kites, I think the WW construction is sturdier with better materials.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:09 pm

marco, the rapt two was nowhere near the 1st flat kite to market, it hit the beaches after the takoon and the crossbow, and in the uk after the sonic. ( and thats from the uk rep).

it's a nice kite though.

Mattdog
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Mattdog » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:51 pm

No, the 2005 Rap 1 was the first "flat" kite by a long shot. The Rap 1 looks as flat or flatter in shape than the Sonic or Best's new Waroo. The Rap 1 came out 16 months before the Waroo will. Based on posts, I would guess the 12m Rap 1 has greater top end than the Sonic 11m.

lesbian horse
Very Frequent Poster

Postby lesbian horse » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:06 am

Mattdog wrote:No, the 2005 Rap 1 was the first "flat" kite by a long shot. The Rap 1 looks as flat or flatter in shape than the Sonic or Best's new Waroo. The Rap 1 came out 16 months before the Waroo will. Based on posts, I would guess the 12m Rap 1 has greater top end than the Sonic 11m.
nah the next seasmik nexus were.

there is a difference between the rap1 and the flat bows. for one the rap1 doesn't jump for shit.

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:38 am

Rap 1's do boost very well... They like lots of wind... I'm on a 6m on a crazy gusty day with a B-bar... Been boosting the 9m 12m and 15 too... just starting to lift my feet for a table top 15-20ft higher... on a naish stubbie 115cm. The only prob with them was relaunching if the wind dropped... on rear relaunch or traditonal (tricky) ... When windy they pop up... rear so fast and get you going in a flash... A first flater kite without bridals...When super gusty these depower so much... prob not as much as Rap 2... Bet it will be hot... We'll figure lots out in 2006... See how all these kite hold up...
Attachments
DSC01400b.jpg
DSC01400b.jpg (171.5 KiB) Viewed 1661 times

OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby OzBungy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:38 am

The Crossbow and Sonic have both appeared on the market to rapturous ( :) ) acclaim. Pretty much everything said about them is true (both good and the little not so good). The good things they did was make them available to the public for test rides very early. It is the riding public who push these kites on the forums, not the manufacturers.

I am looking forward to the Best flat kite. They have made some really nice products and they get to use some really good kites as a benchmark.

Nobody really knew about the Rap I and the Nova also did not get much promotion. It sounded like a nice gimmick but nobody really got to see them. Interest in the Nova only picked up after the Crossbow appeared.

The Rap II has had lots of advertising but the early reports have not been very good. Some things are simple tuning issues and there are claims the very flat kite is hard to relaunch in lighter winds.

Return to “Kitesurfing”