Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

UDS Setup Question

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

UDS Setup Question

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:01 am

I am headed on a trip tomorrow and I bought the Naish UDS bar. As I was setting it up in my driveway I noticed that the two outside leader lines appear to be much longer than the center leader configuration. It appeared to me that I would have to put the outside lines on the bottom knot to setup the bar properly. Is this correct :?:

patrikol
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Habo
Favorite Beaches: Maui
Style: Freeriding
Gear: Naish Raven 07 12 and 16 R3 7
Thorn 133
Brand Affiliation: None

UDS

Postby patrikol » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:41 pm

I use the middle knot. Kites Aero 2, Co2, Fuel

marve
Rare Poster

Postby marve » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:48 pm

Patrikol,

Do you still have full power in the power-loop when you use the middle
knot on the outside leaders?

It seems my UDS bar has longer outside leaders and the only set-up that gives full-power (even-lines for my kite Toro 2) are the bottom knot.

I havn't tried it yet though.

/marve

Dax
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dax » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:19 pm

You will probably have to play with it some. I started on the knot closest to the bar, and now its on the farthest knot. I wanted to set it up so my arms weren't so outstretched when the kite was still powered.

Of course lines stretch, and all kites like different line setups, so your results may vary.

One thing I don't believe from the manual is that you can setup the kite to be fully powered when you are in the chickenloop. It was my experience that if I set things up this way, my arms were way too outstretched when I was unhooked (the kite had full power even with my arms streched out.) So it seems to me at least that you will still need to use the adjustment strap sometimes, unless your arms are long enough to handle it, or you decide never to hook in for full power.

marve
Rare Poster

Postby marve » Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:14 pm

Thanks Dax,

I think I got the picture.

/marve

Return to “Kitesurfing”