Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Which kite brand do you fly? (July 2004)

Forum for kitesurfers

Which kite brand do you fly?

Naish
11%
Flysurfer
7%
North
10%
Ocean Rodeo
4%
Best
14%
Peter Lynn
5%
Slingshot
7%
Cabrinha
11%
RRD
1%
Gaastra
1%
Flexifoil
1%
Wipika
2%
F-one
2%
Takoon
3%
Globerider
3%
Liquid Force
3%
Monkey
1%
Other
5%
Totally mixed
5%
Caution
2%

Total votes: 807

rudeboysaude
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby rudeboysaude » Sun Aug 01, 2004 5:54 pm

Elia wrote:Other kites are a bit cheaper and north is a bit more. Very few best kites here because there is no support in the way of local shops.
I don't understand the local shop attraction because all the kite shops around here have to order everything because stock must cost them too much to have on hand. There is no difference if I order it myself online, or get it through them. Replacement parts as well. What good is a local kite shop anyway really?

vietkiter
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby vietkiter » Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:51 am

rudeboysaude wrote:What good is a local kite shop anyway really?
Some shops are better than others. To me, a good shop is one with a broad range of products and very good pricing. Shops serve a purpose for lessons, product inspection, convenience of getting stuff instantly, but likely pay a little more, and run buy an honest and reputable owner. That how it should be.

Avoid places that have a very limited selection since pricing are unlikely to be good... it's the overhead leverage thing. Also when selection is limited... e.g. carrying only one brand... it is hard to get a balanced view.

Elia
Frequent Poster

Postby Elia » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:46 am

well I guess I didn't explain myself very well. 449.47 is the difference in the cost for three kites about $150 each and that is only for the three for two deal not really that much. I tend to only buy one kite at a time so for me I would have to lay out for three all at once which would be fine but if I needed three kites but I don't. If your shop doesn't carry bladders and other spare bits or deal with warrenty issues then by all means buy online.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:32 am

rudeboysaude wrote:
Elia wrote:Other kites are a bit cheaper and north is a bit more. Very few best kites here because there is no support in the way of local shops.
I don't understand the local shop attraction because all the kite shops around here have to order everything because stock must cost them too much to have on hand. There is no difference if I order it myself online, or get it through them. Replacement parts as well. What good is a local kite shop anyway really?
If you lived in Wilmington NC your attitude would be different. We have a kite shop with piles of kites and boards in stock. They have at least 6-8 demo kites, and 6-8 demo boards available for anyone to take home and test for themselves. With support like that, you'd be nuts to buy from somebody else. Oh, and the prices are good and service even better.

Jordanis3r
Frequent Poster

Postby Jordanis3r » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:20 pm

wow from nothing at the start of jan to being the most ridden kite - way to go Best!

El_Gran_Extractor
Frequent Poster

Postby El_Gran_Extractor » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:51 pm

I saw a best nemesis 18 this weekend and the beach .. AT THE BEACH .. the rest was in the water :lol:

oceanplay
Very Frequent Poster

Postby oceanplay » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:20 pm

El_Gran_Extractor wrote:I saw a best nemesis 18 this weekend and the beach .. AT THE BEACH .. the rest was in the water :lol:
sure are living up to your name!

El_Gran_Extractor
Frequent Poster

Postby El_Gran_Extractor » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:37 pm

oceanplay wrote:
El_Gran_Extractor wrote:I saw a best nemesis 18 this weekend and the beach .. AT THE BEACH .. the rest was in the water :lol:
sure are living up to your name!
Euh I don't get it .. but it was like that and that's it. Period. Maybe it was a complete beginner, I don't know. All I know was that that kite was on the beach in 7 - 12 knots, a few times in the air (still on the beach), but never on the water. Period.

Don't need to start insulting or insinuation something, is this the typical best style to cope with negative critisism?

Kite-D
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SPAIN
Brand Affiliation: Kitefrenzy rider

Postby Kite-D » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:27 pm

Maybe too much power to handle!!!! :thumb:

kitemare
Rare Poster