Forum for kitesurfers
JMDPK
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GETTING A REPLACEMENT AEROII LEADING EDGE BLADDER

Postby JMDPK » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:50 am

Over the past year I have been trying unsuccessfully to my get my aero II 12m bladder up & running. It started with air leaking from both valves. Getting professionals to suck glue in around the valves failed. Using bladder patch tapes around the valves failed. Air keeps on escaping.
I have emailed NAISH asking how to get replacement bladders but no reply.

I do believe that even in todays market, the aero II is still a really nice kite and its very annoying not to be able to use a kite that is otherwise very intact.

Does anyone know of a bladder that would fit the AERO II or where to get them from.

surfdougyfresh
Medium Poster

Postby surfdougyfresh » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:15 am

My buddy had valve issues with his entire Aero II quiver and had a great experience with the Naish crew in Hawaii. I can't remember the name of his contact person there, but send a bunch of emails.

Another option that worked for me is to make a donut out of an old bladder to fit over the top of the valve. use lots of patex glue and push out all the air bubbles. That repair has been holding for me for 8+ months now.

kitebored
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitebored » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:03 pm

i just got a new 2005 best nemesis, which has the same valve configuration as my Aero II used to.

If you buy a 14M or 16M Nemesis Bladder, I bet it would fit your Aero II, taking into consideration the extra length for the wingtip struts that you need. Best kites do not have these.

Smooth
Frequent Poster

Postby Smooth » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:54 pm

Airtime bladders.. airtime.com or something

PiaKite
Frequent Poster

Postby PiaKite » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:45 am

I've had 3 Naish kites (2 Aero IIs and a Boxer) with leaks at the valve seam. Glue and patches work for a while sometimes, but a new bladder is the final solution.

Try this site at Airtime: http://www.kitesurfingairtime.com/US/size.cfm#AeroII

Don't give up if the bladder you need isn't listed on the web site. Call 'em up, they're very helpful. Airtime bladders aren't cheap, but they're a lot better than the Naish junk that comes with the kite.

As far as I know, the Airtime bladders don't come with stopper balls, so you have to learn how to be fast taking out the pump and putting in the cap. If you lean the cap on the edge of the valve while removing the pump, you won't loose much air at all.

Return to “Kitesurfing”