Favorite Beaches: Ka'a Point, Matanzas Inlet
Style: overpowered
Gear: Royal Era 8m, Torch 7m, Obession 7m, 9m
Brand Affiliation: Mercenary
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Waterboards? Anyone ridden them?

Postby ToastSYN » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:32 am

I'm lookin for some rider feedback on "Waterboards". Are they similar to anything out there like the Aggression or Underground boards? I went to the site and I was just hoping to get some idea from people who have ridden them.

Thanks, Toast

ryansurf1
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ryansurf1 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:05 am

Not at all like UG FLX...diff type of construction. I used to ride an UG wavetray, fun board for its use but much straighter outline, rounded rails and a bit draggy.

Not familiar with aggression. I have been riding another known custom shaper. Great board, but heavier and too much rocker for my average winds.

I ride Waveboards now and know the shaper, so take what i say for what it is worth. My opinion.

Proven outline. Concave and rocker that work well. A little flatter rocker in the middle (or less rocker). Planes quicker can handle a bigger kite well...but killer fast on smaller kites. Very light. Sharp rails that hold an edge, but allow you to slide off the center, burns upwind....and alot of flex...great pop.

Jesus that sounds like every other board review....

170lbs .... 130x39...So.Fl. winds. I also have one of his stellar lightwind boards with my custom dimensions...

Oh yeah...any graphic you want on the board....think you had some cool black lights of your girl.....maybe i will put her on my next board :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”