Naish fly info

Forum for kitesurfers
tony montana
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: naples fl
Favorite Beaches: naples fl
Style: waverider
Gear: north
Brand Affiliation: north nash cabrina any kite with a safety system that works i mean works
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish fly info

Postby tony montana » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:23 pm

Thinking of getting fly for lightwind waveriding,any feed back welcome,got light wind boards glide and nugget,also got park 14 if it stays in the sky going with nugget,so i dont know if its worth getting,Thanks Tony

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish fly info

Postby tautologies » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:40 pm

tony montana wrote:Thinking of getting fly for lightwind waveriding,any feed back welcome,got light wind boards glide and nugget,also got park 14 if it stays in the sky going with nugget,so i dont know if its worth getting,Thanks Tony

I had the 14, now I have the Fly. So, same way that Park would fly, the ughh Fly will fly (damn name of that kite makes it confusing) in at least as light wind. It will also pull a lot harder in the same wind. To me that equals higher jumps in same or even lighter conditions. Fly is a little more of the sheet and go type feeling, where the park like to be sined. For wave, both go down the line well, but obviously in super light on shore winds, park and ride is not ideal..but then you just loop it back into action. :-)

I'm not a huge fan of glide type boards so my experience is on regular (though big) TT and surfboards.
I've ridden the fly with the fish, and it is amazing to me what light conditions the kite will handle. I can definitely go in lighter conditions on the fly. It will not fly in 0 wind, but still flies in very light winds. On a strapless board I think my threshold was around 20+ mph gusts on the fly (I don't know exactly what the winds were)...I took out the 10 ride right after and had a ball on the same board.

Return to “Kitesurfing”