Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Caution Answer Bar pictures

Forum for kitesurfers
Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.
Has thanked: 0

Caution Answer Bar pictures

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:16 am

For those of you who have wondered what the bar is like. It has a bigger hole, the bar is wider towads the middle, makes it very comfortable. The safety line going through the bar is covered in plastic, should make it very durable.

http://gallery.kiteforum.com/gallery/vi ... me=albut92

kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caution Answer Bar pictures

Postby kitingkt » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:39 pm

Andres_Santacruz wrote:The safety line going through the bar is covered in plastic, should make it very durable.
hey andres,

what is the safety line for? to flag the kite?

thanks
kt

jerma
Rare Poster

Postby jerma » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:03 pm

The Caution Answer bar is setup to be ~80% depower when you let go of the bar. The safety-line from on top of the depower-strap to side of chickenloop makes it so, that after released from the safety, the kite goes "100% depower" and falls to the edge of the wind-window to wait for relaunch. If you need to flag the kite, you grap the loop on the left hand side back line and let the whole bar go.

Hope this answers your question.

-Jerma-

kitingkt
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitingkt » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:48 pm

hey Jerma,

that's pretty slick, thanks for the anwer. what is the red line connected to that it let's this happen? is it like a fifth line?

kt

jerma
Rare Poster

Postby jerma » Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:05 am

Well, one can't say it's like a 5th line, sence after releasesing the safety, the kite does not go on its back as a regular LEI with 5th line setup.

What it does it sets the kite into, what they say "full depower", and the kite moves to the edge of the wind window. It stays there on one tip towards the wind to wait for relaunch.

I'w seen some videos about this, but don't have the links for you now... sorry :(

Best regards, -Jerma-

Chriskef
Medium Poster

Postby Chriskef » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:37 pm

Hi

Don't know if this is a stupid question but the CL throw looks the same length as my Spitfire 2 bar - how do these kites achieve the depower they claim with such a short CL throw? The Waroo & Sonic seem to have much longer lines which would explain depower ability easier.

Hope you can help - am thinking of ordering the 16m Answer.

Thanks

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:22 am

The CL throw is the same as the Spitfires, but the kite works very differently. Pushing out depowers the kite much more than a spittie. The trim strap is also longer, and pulling the trim strap in a little makes a big difference in how the kite flies. If you want major depower, you pull the trim strap a little. If you want normal C kite feel with extra depower you leave the trim strap fully out. Personally the 12 answer has worked very well for me and i haven't needed to pull the trim strap much, even in about 20 knots. The kite is really nice, i can't wait to try a 16 (most used kite) and rip the waves apart in acapulco.
Hope this helped.
Andres

BiteMe
Frequent Poster

Postby BiteMe » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:21 am

Andres,

When is the 16m going to be available?

Bill

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:32 am

A month maybe more i think, there is serious backorder, the demand has been overwhelming. But this applies to the ones i might be getting, so it's better if you contact them directly.
I would wait for this kite as the 12 kicks ass.

gonewiththewind
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gonewiththewind » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:34 am

PLEASE TELL ME THAT BAR IS UPSIDE DOWN!!!

With the "Caution" graphic reading forwards like that, it appears that the Caution bar is set up with yellow on the right. Why the *&$#@ would they do that?! Very cool kite company, but I'm sorry, my guess is that Cabrinha (MUCH BIGGER kite company) had the black/yellow combo going with yellow as the default on the left before Caution was even born. Whichever company was second with that color combo, why the hell would they switch it like that? Or are the Cabrinha photos wrong? I know you can set them up however you choose, but logos, etc. usually provide a quick visual guide. And if you borrow someone else's rigged set-up, it's nice to know that a particular color is always left. A few companies copied Naish's red-left/blue-right routine, but they didn't REVERSE IT!!!

Bar color is not the place to differentiate one company from another.
Attachments
cabrinhabar.jpg
cabrinhabar.jpg (16.65 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
cautionbar.jpg
cautionbar.jpg (192.09 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
Last edited by gonewiththewind on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”