Forum for kitesurfers
dakz
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Prices and Kite Schools in Cabarete?

Postby dakz » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:38 am

Hi,
I am preparing my trip to Cabarete in July and need some advice...
I will be travelling with my girlfried, and being a lady of course she wants to take looots of stuff like shower gel, shampoo, sun cream, after sun lotion, ...etc
Since this adds lots of weight to the board bags and beeing concious of the weight restrictions I was wondering if all this things are available in Cabarete. Are the usual brands available? (Nivea, Loreal...etc) And at what prices?
Also what about surfwear clothing? Are boardshorts...etc cheaper there than here in Europe?

Also could someone please recommend a good kite school for an absolute begginer? My girlfried has never had any kite lessons and would like to try out in Cabarete.

Many thanks in advance and keep on riding !!!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:37 pm

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby cglazier » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:11 pm

All supplies are available in Cabarete, but don't count on finding a particular brand. And you can buy everything from boardshorts to kites but you probably won't get a great deal on good quality stuff. Remember, it is a small town in a country with high import tariffs.

There are plenty of kite schools with what I think are reasonable rates. DO NOT book before you go. Once you get there, you can look and compare and choose.

:wink:
Chris Glazier

dakz
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby dakz » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:47 pm

Many thanks Chris!

Return to “Kitesurfing”