Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Would you like your next kite to have a one/two pump system?

Forum for kitesurfers

Would you like your next kite to have a one/two pump system?

Yes, and my current kite has one/two pump
35%
No, and my current kite has one/two pump
2%
Yes, but my current kite does not have one/two pump
30%
No, and my current kite does not have one/two pump
16%
Don't really care about it
18%

Total votes: 172

FredBGG
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby FredBGG » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:33 pm

One pump desire is just a step towards no pump and truly flatter kites

Bows have made bridels acceptable and the desire for flatter kites a major issue. These days I get more and more riders comming over and asking about my flysurfer foils, especially when the wind drops out and I keep riding long after they have gone in.

The new Flysurfer Psycho 3 will start to catch on soon with LEI and bow kiters. It has absolutly no backstall which makes it very user friendly for a LEI rider. Kiteloops very well both powered up and depowered.

Great clean relaunch and with the new air intake valves very little water logging. The full bridel and great air retention makes relaunching almost flawless. So far for me 100% relaunch and always very quickly, even the very first times.

The Psycho 3 is the best crossover foil kite for LEI kiters.

It may also out an end to the One pump or Two Pump discussion and satisfy the No Pump desire.

johnmelton
Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby johnmelton » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:23 pm

I definetely enjoy my one pump kites and the electric pump I have, time is short and now I am more willing to come in and switch kites when conditions change.

MissionMan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby MissionMan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:54 am

Stats make interesting reading so far and its a good idea for the manufacturers out there to take note of these stats. They may be reflective of only a small portion of the market, but the stats have remained pretty consistent since the poll started.

Technically, 65% of the kiting market want one/two pump on their next kite. For those who don't offer one/two pump, you could be aiming at only 35% of the market, of which half don't actually care, so it means they could still end up with a one/two pump kite. The amount of kiters who don't have one pump seems set to reduce substantially over the next period of time as well, with half of the 65% coming from non-one/two pump kiters wanting to convert.

The other interesting part is only 1 in 35 (2.5%) kiters who currently have one/two pump would not use it again, so it means that with the difficulties changing bladders etc, the convenience is worth the trouble for 97% of kiters and also gives an indication of what the people who actually use it think of it.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:50 am

I think that when you're young and hyperactive, you want to get in and out as quickly as possible. One pump is your goal. Slam, Bam, thankyou ma'am. When you're older and more seasoned, you want to get in more than one pump because you enjoy the pleasure of the build-up and anticipation as much as getting out there as fast as you can. At least, that's what my GF tells me based on her observations of the kiteboarders she's dated..
:lol1:

chumbawamba
Frequent Poster

Postby chumbawamba » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:59 pm

Windrider wrote:I think that when you're young and hyperactive, you want to get in and out as quickly as possible. One pump is your goal. Slam, Bam, thankyou ma'am. When you're older and more seasoned, you want to get in more than one pump because you enjoy the pleasure of the build-up and anticipation as much as getting out there as fast as you can. At least, that's what my GF tells me based on her observations of the kiteboarders she's dated..
:lol1:
very well said.. 1 pump 2 pumps 3 pumps.. who cares.. you still move the pum up an down as many times a single pump does.. only thing, there's one hole..

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:28 pm

very well said.. 1 pump 2 pumps 3 pumps.. who cares.. you still move the pum up an down as many times a single pump does.. only thing, there's one hole..
Good point. There being only one hole does ease the confusion of where to put it. No more embarassment in having to ask which is preferred, "Can I use either?", "Should I be harder or softer on this one than on the other(s)?", and so on....

dksurfer
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Nipissing, North Bay, ON, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Ontario Canada, PEI Canada
Hatteras, North Carolina
Cuba
Style: TT, SB and HF
Gear: 12, 9, 7 North Dice 2016
12 OR Flite 2016
12, 9 North Evo 2014
MHL Lift Foil

Postby dksurfer » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:56 am

Simply, One Pump rocks...!

R a i n e r
Frequent Poster

Postby R a i n e r » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:16 pm

I'm not even able to pump my front tube at once, anyway (need 1 or 2 breaks :lol: 'not getting younger!)
So what is one-pump good for?
It's not so noticeable if I have to close some valves in between... Image

Clew In
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Clew In » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:32 am

Hey,

I guess it could be said making something easier is a bad idea. I do not own a one pump; however, after all the gum bumping about it I will definately purchase a one pump kite next. I like the ease of operation.

If you don't like it don't buy one, keep driving your stick shift car and while your at it use a ferry to cross the water instead of the bridge.

Clew In

PBKiteboarding
Very Frequent Poster
Style: New School
Gear: Fone
Nobile
Ozone Water & Snow
Flysurfer
Flyboards
Ocean Rodeo
Seaspecs
Location: PBKiteboarding.com Sales-Repair-Lessons Ozone, Aboards, Flysurfer, OR, Canada USA Worlwide

Postby PBKiteboarding » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:50 am

If you have an interanal one pump... without clips... one way valves from leading edge into struts...

What happens to the leading edge if you 1 strut... out there...?
Will the LE deflate?

How easy to find a slow leak in leading edge...? or replacing bladders...

Always pros and cons... it seems...

Return to “Kitesurfing”