Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Do you wash your wetsuit with fresh water?

Forum for kitesurfers
k2thiago
Medium Poster
Style: Big Air, Freeride, Photography
Gear: Core XR5
Nexus
Harlem Light
Shinn Bronq
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Do you wash your wetsuit with fresh water?

Postby k2thiago » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Yes, after every session. I live in south of Brazil and we use wetsuits about 4 months there, 3.2. I have a old Quicksilver that Ive used for about 6 years for surfing, now ive got a ripcurl flash bomb, that stuff get dry really quick, i can use it in the morning, hang by the middle and use in the afternoon no problem. Ive worked for some time in a scuba diving school, to sanitize the wetsuits we always used alcohol vinager, imersing the suits in a in a pool with the solution for 10-15min. After that, a quick rinse in another pool with a little bit of cloth softener, just to remove the vinager smell. The suits last for few years, no problem. For my personal one i do that once in a while as i tend to avoid to pee inside 😬

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Do you wash your wetsuit with fresh water?

Postby FLandOBX » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:54 pm

I climb into a hot outdoor shower before I take off my wetsuit. Then I rinse the suit as I take it off in the shower. I am a wimp when it comes to taking off a wetsuit in the cold. :-?

Return to “Kitesurfing”