All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: failure of the qr while in death loop
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:37 pm 
Rare Poster

crashed a jump on Friday and kite fell out of the sky and relaunched quickly into a death loop, after about 3 loops (split second) i pushed the qr on my rally 13' and it wouldn't release, I pushed as hard as i could and it wouldn't release, I am a 190 lb strong guy, the qr wouldn't give, my hands are cut from pushing it so hard. i was drowning at this point and somehow managed to pull the chicken loop off. The lines were so twisted that the kite didn't de-power at all while attached only to the leash, so i had to let the kite go completely never to be found again.

I have an email in to slingshot to see why my qr didnt work because it almost killed me! I am not sure if i had a faulty system or if it just didnt release bc of the extreme load, but none the less if i didnt get the chicken loop off i wouldn't be writing this!

ALWAYS CHECK SAFETY SYSTEMS AND MAKE SAFETY TOP PRIORITY, THIS INCIDENT HAPPENED IN LESS THAN A SECOND

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: failure of the qr while in death loop
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:32 pm 
Medium Poster

A properly designed quick release shouldn't fail under even under the the most extreme loads it could encounter, and with the bar fully sheeted in...

Post subject: Re: failure of the qr while in death loop
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 7:29 pm 
Rare Poster

I've never had an issue but I have seen first hand others having this issue. Instead of grabbing the release, they grab the metal piece on the CL side of the release and pull as hard as they can.

I would recommend practicing so that you can release without looking at it.

[ 3 posts ]