Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

What is the most common injuries? Can Aqua Gear prevent it?

Forum with lots of safety info - a must for newbees
akiratdk
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is the most common injuries? Can Aqua Gear prevent it?

Postby akiratdk » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:57 am

Hello Everyone~~
I am very new at kite surfing and all but I would like to know what are the most common mistakes people do that will result in minor or major injury and can protective water gear help prevent it from happening again? What kind of water gear is a must have?

I know thinking ahead will be the best prevention but what are some protective gear aids that can make this sport more fun and less dangerous?

Are there any room for improvement? If so then what needs to be improved?

I am a design student with a sponsored project class that is geared toward designing new water equipment for the human body and I really need your guys help since you are the pros!!!~~~ :thumb:

Any feedback would be great!!~~

Thanks!

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Re: What is the most common injuries? Can Aqua Gear prevent it?

Postby RickI » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:08 am

Most common injuries probably include strains, ankles, knees, kiters elbow, etc.. Not sure what single mechanism or small group of aids might effectively avoid or minimize this injuries.

Some of the more serious injuries, such as Traumatic Brain Injury might be mitigated (minimized or perhaps avoided) by a good helmet for kiteboarding. Other injuries such as drowning, rib fracture may be mitigated through the use of impact vests. Is there room for improvement in design of helmets and impact vests/flotation aids for kitesurfing? Tons, innovate away as there is both need and a great deal of room for effective improvements.

Regarding kiteboarding pros, they are generally the last riders you will see wearing this stuff. Because they won't do them any good? Don't think that is the case, must be something else.

You should read through posts at: viewforum.php?f=131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
also look at viewtopic.php?f=82&t=12309" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
you could also search for ricki and helmet or impact for some design considerations and relative attributes to optimize.

Return to “Safety”