Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart
Been thanked: 0

Re: kite looping on deathride: I drowned, died and come back

Postby Galeltic » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:22 am

Tone wrote:
Toby wrote:I am really glad you made it and shared your story with us.
I am sure this will help to save some lives!

Wow, what a story.

And I am even more happy, that I prefer to fly a big kite in lighter winds...I limit my risk a lot by doing this. My smallest kite is a 14 and I barely use it.

For people who just like to have fun without worrying too much about safety, think about it...

mr moon, welcome back to life and enjoy it!!!
Toby, don't think this can't happen on a big kite! it can!
i agree with u cuz i can see toby's airstyle which he did make big air with big kite on light wind so if wrong something on his kite to be deathloop , would pull him , faster as no difference ! and Toby , u better prepare to be ready and can u avoid panic attack ?

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:54 am

18m x2 - worlds slowest kite corner of bar got jammed in harness hook - took me on a journey on thankfully a very large beach, managed to crash looping kite pulling line to slow it down into slamming to ground to get a second of slack and release. I been riding some different 2013/2014 kites recently - they turn sooooooo fast and with such ligt bar pressure, i just dont know what you would do......

mr moon
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shoreham (UK)
Favorite Beaches: Brandon Bay, Silver Sands & a few more
Style: Wave / Freeride
Gear: North, Firewire, Wainman, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby mr moon » Sun May 18, 2014 10:33 pm

longwhitecloud wrote:18m x2 - worlds slowest kite corner of bar got jammed in harness hook - took me on a journey on thankfully a very large beach, managed to crash looping kite pulling line to slow it down into slamming to ground to get a second of slack and release. I been riding some different 2013/2014 kites recently - they turn sooooooo fast and with such ligt bar pressure, i just dont know what you would do......
dude! glad u were ok.. :thumb:
I carry a super knife on my harness (not the short hook blade), I'd cut the whole lot as soon as possible! :wink:

Return to “Safety”