MikesLab B3
Custom race board.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Stingray stings

Postby zmax » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:37 pm

• stingrays
Just wanted to give a warning to my fellow kiters. My local spot is know to have stingray in the shallows and everyone know to shuffle their feet when getting in the water. When coming back to shore and getting out of the water it's not always easy to let those stingrays know your coming. Needless to say, getting stung is pretty common at this spot especially when the water warms up.
This is my third time getting stung in the several years I've been going there, but this was by far the worst.
The first two times I got stung just did the hot water soak to neutralize to venom and it was fine,but this time was much different.
I'd like to suggest to those out there to be very aware that if you get stung and you have any swelling please see a doctor and get on antibiotics. I waited a little to long, but I'm glad the infection cleared up. This was just 24 hours after I got stung.
IMG_0310.JPG
This is 3 days after an antibiotic injection and an oral antibiotic
IMG_0337.JPG

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Stingray stings

Postby Flyboy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:34 am

I'm wondering if your bad reaction this time is due to the cumulative effect of stings. Perhaps a doctor with expertise in this area could comment on this.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Re: Stingray stings

Postby matth » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:12 pm

wow!! nasty. Thankfully no stingrays here in the Northeast..

Return to “Safety”