All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Santodomingo to cabarete
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:30 pm 
Medium Poster

I will be arriving at santodomingo at 15 30 local time and my plans are to go to cabarete directly; i understand i have to go to the bus terminal, grab a bus to sousa an then a guagua to cabarete. Could you please help me with the costs aprox timed and recomendations for this trip, thanks:)

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Santodomingo to cabarete
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:08 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I heard the bus is very cheap...but don't remember the price :-(

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:02 pm 
Rare Poster

Go on Facebook and ask to join a group called "everything Cabarete". Then put a post there and you'll have loads of answers :)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:22 am 
Frequent Poster

The facebook group "Everything Cabarete!" is the main social hub for the expats living in and visiting Cabarete. They can tell you how to do the bus thing.

Personally, if you are arriving with gear, I'd pay for a private taxi. They are far more expensive (like $150-$200 to go pick you up in Santo Domingo, which is a four hr drive each way), but if you have gear, the convenience is worth it. Happy to give you a taxi referral if you want it. If travelling light (eg no gear) and you are arriving early in the day, do the bus approach as its MUCH cheaper (should end up being like $50). There is a private bus line called Caribe Tours that might offer a slightly more expensive but far more comfortable alternative than the guagua.

For future reference, the cheapest travel combo for Cab is usually Santiago Airport (STI) as Jet Blue, Spirit, etc. keep prices rock bottom ($120 flights from Miami/FLL, 1.75 hrs) with a $100 fee for taxi pickup (2hr drive each way) or $40 bus ride.

Dont try any bus approaches if you are arriving late in the day or at night.

[ 4 posts ]