All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lake Travis Texas
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:05 pm 
Rare Poster

Help! I am in central Tx working thru Feb. I am looking for a kiting pal or some information on kiting Lake Travis. I have scouted the lake but I need to be filled in on the hot spot and the rules of the area. It is going on December, how is the winter kiting and the winter wind.

Thanks for the help
Pete

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Lake Travis TX
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:37 pm 
Rare Poster

Pladapig

Lake Travis is not a kite-freindly spot. Last year a windsurfer was run over by a boater, he died. There are better, SAFER, places less than an hour away from Austin.
Check them out at : http://www.centexkiteboarding.com. Winter riding in Central Texas is usually done on cold front winds. They are rideable, but, tend to be extreme. A typical cold front is 15-20, gusting to 35!
Have you considered road trips to the Coast? The winds are much steadier and the water is warmer! it is not uncommon to get steady winds 20 kts plus and air temps in high 70's.

Check out the website and you can hitch a ride down with some Centex riders, or just get some scoopage.

[ 2 posts ]