KiteHobo
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nicaragua anyone?

Postby KiteHobo » Tue May 02, 2006 2:10 am

Hey Everyone,

So I live in Chicago but just got back from studying in New Zealand for 6 months.... when i lived there I got into kiting and surfing. Now that I am back I just ordered my own gear and am planning a trip to Nicaragua with some buddies from there.

Now they all surf and I am the only one kitesurfing and I was wondering if anyone had ever been kitesurfing on the West coast of Nicaragua, how it was, what I should expect, and all that jazz? After looking over various other posts I see that Playa Copal in Northern Costa Rica is a popular spot but there isn't much info on Nicaragua.

Oh Yeah, one other important thing! Since I am a newbie kiter (I've takin lessons but haven't had much experience) I could only afford one kite... its a new flat kite, the waroo, and they only had one size available... the 16m!

So a re-cap: New kiter, foreign country, 16m, 140cm board, weight about 170 lbs, and from the sounds of it the winds down there are strong!

Any advice... info?

-Ryan

tiger20
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tiger20 » Tue May 02, 2006 5:19 am

Sounds like you're in for quite a trip. Take lots of pics and take notes on your travels, not much has been written about Nicaragua yet in the kiteworld. Hopefully you can chart some new spots.

Best of luck mate!

sberemski

Postby sberemski » Tue May 02, 2006 12:43 pm

a 16M waroo with a such a big board?! From what I have read of peoples experience you are going to be VERY powered.

KiteHobo
Rare Poster

Postby KiteHobo » Tue May 02, 2006 9:25 pm

Yeah... I brought the 140 becuase I read that it was an easy board to improve on and as I got better and upgraded boards I would be able to keep it in my aresenal for non-windy days... I am just praying I can get a student loan before I leave, I think I need to buy a 12m!!!

Return to “Travel”