Postby lovem » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:58 am

Where to kite in Sept in Thailand?

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby loeuftok » Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:42 am

september is the start of the heavy rain season, no much chance to kite anywhere in the country until november/december

e0p
Rare Poster

Postby e0p » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:26 am

loeuftok wrote:september is the start of the heavy rain season, no much chance to kite anywhere in the country until november/december
Any recommendations in Hua Hin and Phuket? I'll be in Thailand for about a month mid-December through January. Simple accomodations near the beach away from the tourists since it's high season for travelers. Mainly kiting and relaxing, don't care much for the nightlife and sightseeing unless there's no wind. Simple accomodations, hotel and/or bungalows by the beach. Skill level beginner/intermediate.. probably take some additional lessons to work on skill.

Thanks.

eivind
Rare Poster

Postby eivind » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:49 am

e0p:
In mid-December through January the wind is definitely on in Hua Hin. Expect wind with avg around 15 knots, pretty large waves and perfect side shore wind. There is plenty of budget accommodation a bit outside the city centre of Hua Hin close to the kite beach. Phuket on the other hand don’t have too much to offer in that period.

lovem:
As loeuftok wrote, there is quite heavy rain in September here in Thailand, but you might get lucky in Phuket in September. Nai Yang beach close to the airport would be my best guess. That’s also the location of a kite centre

andy2surf
Rare Poster

Kitesurfing Phuket Jan 2007

Postby andy2surf » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:29 am

Hi I will stay at Phuket (Karon Beach) next Jannuary.

Any Tips for me (Windstrenght, Where to go, which Kitesize necessary, Kiteshools- Kites to buy in Phuket).

regards Andy

garuda99
Rare Poster

Postby garuda99 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:06 am

Don't trust any kitesurfer whos name means NO WIND!

Only joking Eivind

What you should have mentioned is that there is ZERO beach at Hua Hin until February

Take care Eivind. Unfortunatley I dont think I'll be seeing you guys this year...

eivind
Rare Poster

Postby eivind » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:35 am

garuda99,

hehe, your right, my name means NO WIND translated from Norwegian, but I usually don't kill the wind :wink: . In fact every weekend I go to Hua Hin this seasson the wind have been quite good, and much better than last year.

Around Christmas in Hua Hin the beach is not as wide as in the south east seasson, but still we have beach enough to launch from. Only on the very few days with wind over 20 - 25 knots there is no beach on high tide and only outside the kite school. If you move up / down 2 - 300 meter there are more beach.

I would not trust Koh Samui either, but Phuket might be a good option. I have always returned from Phuket with a big smile when I go there for kite surfing.

Cheers

NoWind

Return to “Travel”