All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Perth / OZ / December
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:23 pm 
Medium Poster

Hi am looking forward to a kiting holiday come this december.
As this is my first time to Perth, I really appreciate some directions to a good beach, advice on wind, what size kites to bring.
As I am also making this trip a holiday for my family, ie. wife and 2 sons (non-kiters), I do not wish to travel too far out of the city.
I am also looking to meet some new friends to kite and do dinner together with my family. Nightlife party I will have to take a rain cheq.
Or if someone can point me in the right direction who or local kiteshop I can contact.
dog
kitesurfingdude(at)gmail(dot)com

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:07 am 
Rare Poster

Hi am going to Perth in Nov. for three weeks and am interested in the same info
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Perth / OZ / December
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:52 pm 
Rare Poster

bern dogg wrote:
Hi am looking forward to a kiting holiday come this december.
As this is my first time to Perth, I really appreciate some directions to a good beach, advice on wind, what size kites to bring.
As I am also making this trip a holiday for my family, ie. wife and 2 sons (non-kiters), I do not wish to travel too far out of the city.
I am also looking to meet some new friends to kite and do dinner together with my family. Nightlife party I will have to take a rain cheq.
Or if someone can point me in the right direction who or local kiteshop I can contact.
dog
kitesurfingdude(at)gmail(dot)com

There are some really good beaches just north of Perth, in Geraldton(Point Moore beach) and corronation beach, where you can also camp. Not sure of the wind speed, but generally the wind sets in about 11 or 12 and is there for the rest of the arvo. There is also a comp in early jan too, or there was a few years ago. For more info search kitesurfing geraldton, which should answer all your queries.

Have a great time,Western Australia is an amazing places, with great beaches.

[ 3 posts ]