Forum for travel reports and travel questions
littlekitegirl
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Which Varadero resort?

Postby littlekitegirl » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:27 pm

I'm going to Varadero with my mom and two sisters (we're all adults) this winter... packages are now offering their early season discounts so we're starting to do some research into where to stay.

Not my first choice of cuban destinations, but it will sure beat the rain I'd likely get at home :) I've read all the past Varadero posts, and done a lot of net research... but still have few ideas.

I'm the only kitesurfer, but will definately be bringing my gear.

Can anybody recommened which resort to stay at? (we're doing the all-inclusive thing). I'm leaning towards being near the Marina Palace hotel (which has a kite beach), but I've heard the hotel itself isn't the best choice.

We want something mid-range. My mom golfs, my sisters are into snorkling, beach-time, people-watching and whatever night-life comes our way.

Of course I'm excited about the family time - but secretly am stoked they've chosen a destination where I can kite. If I can push them towards a resort close to a kite beach, I'm far more likely to get in more water time!

help?

Kite Brazil
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Florida. (Affiliation: Ozone Travel Kiteboarding and Kite Fever!)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cuba

Postby Kite Brazil » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:09 am

Hi!

Did you read the Cuba story on http://www.kiteblogs.com that was posted on Monday? Gorgeous beaches and riding all along the coast in Varadero!

The Marina Palace does have one of the most beautiful beaches, certainly. And the further out you go (away from the center of town), the nicer and the more expensive the hotels become.

Go to http://www.tripadvisor.com and read reviews of the different hotels- they have really good, helpful information! You will see, also, that some have more of an older crowd, and some a younger. Check out the Sol y Mar - I think it's a nice, mid-range.

There's a restuarant called the Don Quixote - don't miss it, even if you are at an all-inclusive!

Hope this helps.. and hope you get great wind!

Cheers!
Karen

Return to “Travel”