All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Safer to bring kites or rent when travelling in Italy/Greece
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:39 am 
Rare Poster

I'm currently planning a trip to Italy and Greece with stops for kiting at Paros and Rhodes in Greece during the early summer of 2007. The trip will likely involve stops in Rome, Florence, Venice, and Athens as well.

Since the trip involves a lot of travel on public transport, am I crazy to take my own gear in a NSI Deciever golf bag? I'm thinking the trip will be simpler and I won't have to worry about theft as much if I'm not lugging kites, boards, and other gear.

On the other hand, what is the quality of the rental gear at Pounda Beach (Paros) and Krestami (Rhodes)? I'm used to riding C-kites with a fifth line so I don't know how well I'll do with different kites and boards (like 4-lines or bow-kites).

Any recommendations on taking my own kite versus renting? What do you usually do when travelling on trips which aren't fully dedicated to kiting? Maybe my problem is that I'm not kiting for the entire trip? It'll be my honeymoon with a non-kiter though so there's not much I can do about it. :)

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 [ 1 post ]