Forum for travel reports and travel questions
shaman
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mexico Pacific Coast Dec-Jan

Postby shaman » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:00 pm

Hi,

Anybody know of any good spots on the mexican pacific coast? Will be starting around acapulco looking for wind and waves. The wind looks very slim from what i can see, but maybe there are some promising spots?

It would be great to hear from anyone who's been down there!

Thanks

flpmena
Rare Poster

Postby flpmena » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:36 am

not constant and low wind, if you get to kite in acapulco you need big kites +16m, no fun. But the worts is that it isnt constant. I live in Yucatan (the peninsula) maybe its the best place in Mexico for kiting along with baja. rigth now we hare having 20-25 knots, the worts is think in augsut and september... My average kite size is a 10m (Im 70kg)

ahorowitz
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Kiting in Acapulco

Postby ahorowitz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:19 am

did you ever get any info on kiting there? how was it. i'm going down November 2006

CozumelTom
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby CozumelTom » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:46 pm

On the southern Pacific coast of Mexico is Salina Cruz. About 2 hour drive south of Puerto Escondido (Surf Capital of Mexico). We windsurfed there years ago in the bay and it was fantastic. The area is a little remote, but all the trees grow at a 45 degree angle and trucks get blown off the road. The beach and bay are beautiful and prestine. Lots of salt flats in the area. Have not kited there yet. It could be the next great undiscovered stop for kiting.
Tom
http://www.cozumeltom.com

Return to “Travel”