Forum for travel reports and travel questions
flyingtommy79
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Australia info please

Postby flyingtommy79 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:21 pm

hi there im new to kite surfing but im a keen paraglider im thinking of heading t o australia for an extended amount of thime coulod anyone please give me some info on good areas and the seasons in oz, is it true that sydney is year round.

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

tom

CozumelTom
Rare Poster

Postby CozumelTom » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:21 am

I have not been to the East Coast of OZ but was lucky enough to be in Perth and toured the West Coast for 3 weeks. Simply incredible. Perth is a fantastic city (70% of all the millionaires in OZ live in Perth) but it is also low key and relaxed. Not as crowded as the West side. Excellent summer winds on the West. I arrived with 9M, 16M and 20M and had to buy a 7M. I weigh 195 lbs. Woodman's Point just South of Perth is fantastic kiting. I went to Margaret's River, famous surf spot, and it was worth the 3 hour drive. The locals tell me the best places are Monkey Mia, 8 hours North of Perth and Esparance, 8 hours south, where last years Airush Catalogue was shot. Check their photos. I'm jealous. I would like to spend the whole OZ summer checking out the West Coast.
Tom
http://www.cozumeltom.com

Mr High
Rare Poster

Postby Mr High » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:19 am

I wouldn't say sydney is year round. In summer we get wind almost 5 days a week but winter is pretty hit and miss.
don't know much about paragliding but they do it off many headlands in sydney.
kiting is most popular on baotany bay which allows you to kite in all directions but there are also heaps of surf spots you can kite.
Going north or south from sydney will take you to heaps of great riding spots but most except a few of these are in the surf.

cheddaz
Rare Poster

Postby cheddaz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:32 am

Return to “Travel”