Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

FIJI : Nananui ra - more info? accom? food? cheap??!

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
nz mattybaba
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FIJI : Nananui ra - more info? accom? food? cheap??!

Postby nz mattybaba » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:51 am

I'm wanting to get up to Fiji and have heard a little about this amazing spot on the north of the island...I'm going pretty budget, so anywhere in Fiji for kiting on the cheap would also be great to know...cheers!

Surf ASE
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

I would love to get the same info!

Postby Surf ASE » Tue May 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Any information would help!
Thanks!

jcbua
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jcbua » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:29 am

Wish I had more kiting specific info for you but here goes. I haven't been to the island you mentioned but back in November of 1999 me and a buddy passed through the Yasawa Island group in Fiji. Didn't do any kiting then, didn't see any then but I can say the Fijians are some of the greatest people I've ever encountered. We stayed in a backpacker "resort" which was a thatched hut affair and fairly comfortable. For approximately 30 dollars US a day that included the bed and three meals a day with breakfeast being simple fruit and yogurt. I had no complaints whatsoever other than the fact I didn't want to have to move on to New Zealand after two weeks. Make a quick great first impression and bring new or even used guitar strings as the locals (who play beautifully on guitars missing one and two strings) are forever needing replacement strings. When I go back, I'm bringing bag fulls.
Hope this helps.
Drink a "high tide" for me.
Bula

Return to “Travel”