Forum for travel reports and travel questions
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 161
- Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:37 pm
- Kiting since: 2002
- Local Beach: Singapore
- Favorite Beaches: Secret spots around Asia
- Gear: Fone Bandit, Flysurfer Sonic FR
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Singapore
Here is my story: I'll be flying into Santiago , but leaving from Puerto Plata.. What are my choices of getting to and from airports? What is the best way to get to Cabarete and back to airport
I'll be in Santiago at 4am in the morning (JetBlue flight). and need to get to Cabarete.
How long is the drive? Should I be renting a car? or Trying to get a cab ride? (minivan?) there will be like 6 - 8 of us..
Renting a car can be a problem since I would need to return it at Puerta Plata (from where I'd leave). Or is it NOT a problem?
Any suggestions are appreciated..
At the same time any suggestions on accomodations in Cabarete for 6-8 people are appreciated as well.. (Feb 16- Feb 19th 2008).
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 56
- Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:31 pm
- Kiting since: 2001
- Local Beach: Kite Beach, CABARETE
- Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
- Style: kite surfing
- Brand Affiliation: Caution! Liquid Force
- Location: Kite Beach, Cabarete
To get to Cabarete from Santiago
1) take a taxi. $80, but i'm sure if you ask around at the airport (look for surf bags) you'll find someone to share with.
2) take the bus. $10 but you have to wait until 6Am when the bus starts
3) take a caro publico. $5, but unless you know spanish, know your way around and have a keen sense of adventure, you'll get lost for sure!
good luck and have fun!
Return to “Travel”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest