All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: News from the Caribbean: jeremietronet.com
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:42 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

The Caribbean is full of of various spots, each island is completely different and has so many different spots to offer.
After Barbados with its nice waves we came back to the Grenadines islands where we were for 10 days on the Ocean Rodeo catamaran. I wanted to go back there to be able to shoot my next video.

Attachment:
union island lagoon.jpg
union island lagoon.jpg [ 68.73 KIB | Viewed 4260 times ]

We flew from Barbados to St Vincent in Kingston where we spent a night and then caught a ferry to Union.
As soon as we came in the boat Linn mentioned that the boat looked familiar to her, and after few minutes she noticed that it was written all in Norwegian with the name of her city in Norway written on the life jackets. It was actually an old boat from Stavanger (where linn is from) which ended up in these small Caribbean islands. The contrast is really interesting.

Attachment:
jeremie tronet full moon session .jpg
jeremie tronet full moon session .jpg [ 68.97 KIB | Viewed 98 times ]

We arrived in Union where we already stayed 2 weeks. I found a really nice apartment right on the hill with an amazing view a few meters away from the spot. From our beds we can see Palm island and many other islands.
Lorenzo and Elody found this place for me, they are a very nice French couple living on the island with their two kids.

Attachment:
Jeremie tronet mako surf + diablo c kite.jpg
Jeremie tronet mako surf + diablo c kite.jpg [ 48.9 KIB | Viewed 98 times ]

It is blowing almost everyday here with beautiful crystal clear water everywhere.

Attachment:
jeremie tronet on mako surf ocean rodeo 2008.jpg
jeremie tronet on mako surf ocean rodeo 2008.jpg [ 119.33 KIB | Viewed 98 times ]

Luckily there was an amazing north swell, the whole Caribbean got an incredible swell with over 20 feet in Puerto Rico.
As soon as I saw that on Internet I tried to get a plane or a ferry to go to Barbados where the waves would have been huge. Unfortunately everything was full and the private planes a little to expensive.
So we stayed down here and .... for the rest of the story have a look at http://www.jeremietronet.com !

Attachment:
Jeremie tronet signature pro model board 129x39 in union.jpg
Jeremie tronet signature pro model board 129x39 in union.jpg [ 111.48 KIB | Viewed 97 times ]

--
Jeremie Tronet
Professional Kiteboarder
http://www.jeremietronet.com

Attachment:
linn svendsen full moon.jpg
linn svendsen full moon.jpg [ 147.2 KIB | Viewed 100 times ]

Attachment:
nice set in the caribbean.jpg
nice set in the caribbean.jpg [ 116.19 KIB | Viewed 98 times ]

Attachment:
nice view from apartement.jpg
nice view from apartement.jpg [ 196.75 KIB | Viewed 98 times ]

Attachment:
norwegianferry.jpg
norwegianferry.jpg [ 185.45 KIB | Viewed 99 times ]

Attachment:
washing machine.jpg
washing machine.jpg [ 115.75 KIB | Viewed 98 times ]

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 [ 1 post ]