Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: The perfect kitespot has a name...Ilha do Guajirú, Brazil

Postby Toby » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:25 am

the island is called Ilha do Guajiru. The spot itself is Praia do Barra.

No, you cannot follow a downwinder with a buggy.

Currently there is no internet and no supermarket. But in Itarema, the next big village, there is everything available, about a 5 min drive

vilaprea
Medium Poster
Gear: RPM's
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby vilaprea » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:18 am

IT'S NOT CALLED ILHA DO GUAJIRU.

THAT IS A PRIVATE DEVELOPMENT IN THE AREA. AS HACKY SAID, IT'S CALLED PRAIA DO BARRA!!!!!

IF YOU'RE GOING TO PIMP YOUR BUILDING PROJECT AT LEAST BE BLOODY OPEN AND HONEST ABOUT IT.
Not to get technical about this, but the word "barra" in Portuguese (for sand bar) is actually feminine and really is "Praia da Barra", mostly known by the locals as Praia de Itarema.

Here are some pictures of this new spot taken on a kite-safari, 5 years ago.

And Toby is right, your best bet is to get back on the coast in Prea (or alternatively in Aranau, but there are some tricky river mouths where many 4x4 have gotten fully submerged :D ) so make sure you know what you're doing before driving through what appears to be shallow water in that shinny Toyota Hi-Lux! :bye:
Attachments
ITAREMA - 09-12-2003 035.JPG
ITAREMA - 09-12-2003 035.JPG (42.2 KiB) Viewed 2034 times
ITAREMA - 09-12-2003 024.JPG
ITAREMA - 09-12-2003 024.JPG (34.02 KiB) Viewed 2030 times
ITAREMA - 09-12-2003 023.JPG
ITAREMA - 09-12-2003 023.JPG (39.54 KiB) Viewed 2032 times

theadebo
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco
Style: Magoo

Postby theadebo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:10 am

vilaprea wrote: Not to get technical about this, but the word "barra" in Portuguese (for sand bar) is actually feminine and really is "Praia da Barra", mostly known by the locals as Praia de Itarema.

Here are some pictures of this new spot taken on a kite-safari, 5 years ago.
Haha Fred, very true AND very anal. :D

But I hope that my point isn't lost amongst my sexual transgressions. There are a lot of people marketing this spot on the forum as Ihla whats-it-thingy-me, usually accompanied by links to a website whose prime purpose is to sell you real estate. I just think that people should be made aware that these people are trying to sell them something rather than just giving them information about a location which might enhance their holiday.

Further still they are trying to manipulate the nomenclature so that every time anyone talks about Barra they too are inadvertently advertising Robert's development.

Oh and thanks for the 5 year old pics, they illustrate perfectly what I tell people... this isn't a new kite spot, it's an old one. It's always been there and people have kited there for years.

Like Chuck D and Flava Flav said "don't believe the hype".
Last edited by theadebo on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

theadebo
Medium Poster

Postby theadebo » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:27 am

Toby wrote:the island is called Ilha do Guajiru. The spot itself is Praia do Barra.
The island (don't you have to be surrounded by water isolated from the main land to be an island? Which this isn't), being the chunk of land owned by Robert that he is developing himself as a resort, homes for sale and small plots of land on which you can build your own?

So if you know it's called Praia da Barra, why do you keep pimping it as Ihla da whats-it?

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:43 pm

looks like you are on a mission again...

And why DO YOU call the spot close to Paracuru "Paracuru" and not "Praia do Buraco"?

duh :baby:

if someone owns a lot of teh island and calls it that way, than it should called both ways...and if someone promotes it with its own name, fine.

How will you promote your development in Taiba?

Looking at your posting history it looks like you try to diss everyone who has a business going on in Brazil...why is that? Let the people do their stuff, like you do yours.

This doesn't sound like the relaxed and cool adebo I used to know!

I hope you will be like that again soon!

HackyBrazil
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Prea, Area 51, Guriu, Mangue Secco, Camocim
Favorite Beaches: Prea, Area 51, Guriu, Camocim
Gear: Anton Custom 138x43 + Escalade Bindings
Anton Custom JB Wave - 5,4``
Slingshot Fuel 7 + 9

Postby HackyBrazil » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:23 am

if someone owns a lot of teh island and calls it that way, than it should called both ways...and if someone promotes it with its own name, fine.
As I understand now - the name of the project is called Ilha do Guajiru.
It´s just confusing for people asking for the road because probably the natives don´t know the project name. So when you are travelling ask for Praia da Barra.

I don´t understand why some got ballistic about this project because it is a very good thing for the area to happen - this spot is by far one of the best spots along the coast and the major of Itarema is very interrested to get tourism in his area. 5 years ago you got land for free!! - if you build a pousada or something that creates employment in the area.
The beachlife Real Estate Company http://www.beachlife-realestate.com is developing this area for tourism and why not ! I know some people who where interrested in a project in that place years ago as well, but didn´t have the guts to do it ,because of doubts the place would be to far from the airport. When i saw the masterplan of their projekt i was absolutely impressed how big it´s gonna be. That will for sure create a lot of jobs in the area. And i wish them all the best because we know that realizing projects of this size in brazil is not always as easy as we think. Remember the Lagoon project in Pecem years ago - also I didn´t hear about the Lagoa do sonho project in a while - hope is gonna be realized....

And i don´t see anything negative about promoting their project - they did a very nice promo Video, organized bus trips, setting up heli transport - that´s their business and the benefit for everybody will be to have infrastructure or a flat or a house on one of the nicest spots of ceara and in the end it`s up to you if you just kite or sign up. :thumb:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil

Postby Toby » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:08 pm

I like when areas get developed...since then you have internet as well! :thumb:

theadebo
Medium Poster

Postby theadebo » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:41 pm

1. I knew you´d take this tack.
2. I notice you didn´t actually answer the question.

I call it Paracuru because it´s in Paracuru, and so calling it Paracuru doesn´t constitute deliberatly attempting to mislead people.

If you look at my posting history you will notice that I mostly give people friendly advice on visiting Brazil because that is where I live. I could spend my time here giving people advice on visiting Mauritious, but as I´ve never been I´d be wasting people´s time and probably be misinforming them. If you want to only focus on two of the many topics that I have commented on? then yes, you can make the statistical data imply whatever you wish.

I don´t knock other peoples businesses at all, I regularly recomend reputable companies for people to use, be they lodgings, schools, achitects, builders, restaurants etc. etc. etc . Robert will be very sucessful with his project, he´ll sell a lot of property, make himself even richer and good luck to him I say, especially if in the process he creates a place well worth visiting for others. What I actually ´did´, was point out his viral marketing stratergy which is designed to trick people into viewing his corporate website. The poster of this thread has only one post, it defacto blurts out the Beachlife marketing speil, describes the corporate website as a `Tourist Guide site´ and is generally designed to deceive. I wasn´t aware that providing true and accurate information, designed to fully inform was considered dissing. I´ll remember that for next time though.

I don´t promote or discuss my development, I have certainly never done so here on Kiteforum so far as I can remember, although you and I did have a meeting about our possible advertising on your website. If I ever did decide to promote my development it would be clear that that is exactly what I am doing. I would not try to lure people onto my sales site with a description as insidious as ´tourist guide site´. It would be clear that I was selling, I´d tell you what I was selling and I´d invite you to drop by and have a look if you were interested. Simple, open, honest, no hidden agendas. I realise that in that, here in Cumbuco I am something of an anomaly.

In fact, you will find that I have taken down my website, that I am no longer actively marketing my properties. I have decided that dealing with all the lying, thieving cheating coniving and generally unpleaseant people here just isn´t for me, it´s contrary to my nature. I have abandoned the property to the business vultures, I simply don´t have the negative energy to deal with them. If they are so keen to steal from me then they are welcome to my 1.2 million I just can´t be bothered.... Is that realxed and cool enough for you?

I´ve answered your questions, any chance you might stop dancing around, trying to mis-direct the attention to myself and just give an honest and straightforward answer? It isn´t difficult and I promise that it wont hurt.

Return to “Travel”