Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cheapest accomodation Venzuela? isla margarita

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
pettrus87
Rare Poster
Local Beach: East in norway
Favorite Beaches: havnt tried so many spots yet...:P only some in denmark sweden and norway ofc:P
Style: Learning:)
Gear: rrd hypertype 9 and 12
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cheapest accomodation Venzuela? isla margarita

Postby pettrus87 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:20 am

Going to stay at isla margarita with my girlfriend. And she is going to learn to kitesurf... Any tips??

jhopes
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Goa
Favorite Beaches: Cancum,Goa
Style: Long drive biking
Gear: 4th

Re: Cheapest accomodation Venzuela? isla margarita

Postby jhopes » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:15 am

Tourism on Margarita Island is increasing year on year. The breathtaking scenery and excellent hotels and nightlife and duty-free shopping are all attracting foreigners. Margarita Island can usually be reached by ferry or by airplane, as the Santiago Mariño International Airport is located 25 kilometers away from the city of Porlamar. Its status as a duty-free port and proximity to the mainland make it one of the top vacation spots for Venezuelans. Vacationers crowd the island especially during Christmas time, Easter week, and from July to mid-September. Venezuelan tourists come on shopping sprees; whiskey, cheese, chocolate, and electrical appliances, are among the goods that can be purchased less expensively than on the mainland. Also, many retired people choose Margarita as an ideal, peaceful dwelling place.

There are at least 50 unique and magnificent margarita beaches which are scattered along a 106 miles of coastline. Its location as an island in the Caribbean sea offers lots of beaches to explore which range from crowded to solitary and most of them virgin. Playa El Agua, in the north, is the most popular with 4 km of fine sand. Playa El Yaque is internationally known as an excellent location for windsurfing. Playa Parguito, Playa Caribe, and Playa Punta Arenas are also popular beaches. Many resorts cater to the international, Caribbean-loving crowd, especially from European countries. The beach of Playa Puerto Cruz is one of the most popular with tourists.

:)

Antony1970
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Alas none, as I live in London
Favorite Beaches: Ras Sudr

Re: Cheapest accomodation Venzuela? isla margarita

Postby Antony1970 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:36 pm

IN Margarita you have got to go to El Yaque... Try Hotel Casa Viento - run by a lovely lady called Morenna. Very friendly, clean, yet cheap...
However there are a LOT of people on the water in Margaritta. Not the best place to learn to kitesurf. Possibly better to get the little ferry from El Yaque across to the even smaller island and hour away - a lot more private and easy to learn, and if you are going with your girlfriend, it is a noicer place. SOrry, can't remember the name of the island but you can't miss it.
However, I would more highly recommend Ras Sudr in Egypt. Fab for pros, and absolutely top notch for beginners. I used to windsurf, and always resisted learning to kitesurf, even in Margaritta... but when I went to Ras SUdr, it was sooo good I thought if i am going to learn anywhere it has go to be here.
There is a web page for it - something like... www.surfegypt.wordpress.com i think, or maybe .co.uk, not sure. check it out
WHerever you go, have fun, good luck
Anton

Return to “Travel”