Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Sydvestpynten- Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Ringkøbingfjord/Hvide sande - Denmark
Style: freestyle
Gear: RRD and Nobile
Brand Affiliation: None

Surf trip late oct - Latin america / Caribbean

Postby C_arro » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:15 pm

:P I have taken some time of Uni to have some more time surfing, is all about priorities right?;)
I am planning a kite trip down south from late October to feb/mars (when it's too cold and unpleasant to be at home!;) I have looked at Brazil, Peru, Costa rica, Puerto rico and the Caribbean ( especially the Grenadines, st martin, st lucia and barbados). Brazil would have been awesome to start out with oct/nov but from what I have heard is it crowded as ever in the lagoons at that time of the year and additionally is it super expensive to fly from brazil to any other destination.

My budget is tight so I would like to spend as little as possible on transportation. Anyone who has any experience with peru/costa rica at that time of the year? Afterwards I be heading to the Caribbean as the wind is best and most reliable there in dec-mars.

I am keen to hear from anyone who has been at any of above spots (expensive? friendly locals? good living?) tips and advices just shoot! I am also looking for travel/kite buddies to hook up with some part of the trip, so if you plan anything like above I would love to hear from you!! :thumb:

Caroline

gazman21
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2
Local Beach: Dollymount
Favorite Beaches: Boracay, tarifa
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Surf trip late oct - Latin america / Caribbean

Postby gazman21 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:01 pm

hey caroline,
i shud be down that part of the world at the same time, have you looked at the Ultimate Downwind(google it), shud be a great event and good part og your trip! Im thinking of spending sometime in Brazil and then moving on to ecuador and venezula!
Gary

Return to “Travel”