Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Maui in November: Kitesurfing, accommodation & car rental?

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
inesmallorca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Can Pastilla & Pollenca (Majorcan island)
Favorite Beaches: Cumbuco, Brazil
Style: no preference
Gear: Naish & North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Maui in November: Kitesurfing, accommodation & car rental?

Postby inesmallorca » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Aloha from Majorca

My name is Ines and I kite surf for 4 years on the island of Mallorca in the Spanish Mediterranean sea where I live.

I would like to ask you some questions about kite surfing, accommodation and car rental on Maui.
I am going to arrive on Maui on the 15th of November 2009 after an one week stay in Oahu and I will stay until the 22 of November, my departure date to Kauai.

My question is if it is better to bring my 10m2 Naish Torch (2007) to Maui or it’s enough to bring the 7m2 North Rhino (2006)? (My weight is 60 kilos). I really do not want to bring both kites with
me… (you know, when women travel we always have to carry a lot of stuff ;o).

Which company would you recommend to rent the kite gear (board & harness)?

During this trip, my priority is not kite surfing. To travel through Hawaii is a dream I have since I am 20 and I am going to realize soon :o). :D

Accommodation: I am looking for a clean room with private bathroom & WC in Paia (hostel Rainbows End Surfer or Paia Inn or similar?). I thought to stay at a hostel to meet other travellers and share a rented car. What or which place would you recommend?

Last but not least (sorry to bother you so much): With which company would you rent a car?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Mahalo and hasta la vista

Ines

ELI
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ELI
Style: Surf
Gear: Cabs,Sling and Custom
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Maui in November: Kitesurfing, accommodation & car rental?

Postby ELI » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:46 pm

I use Word of Mouth/rent a used car #1808-877-2436/www.maui.net/~word . They are in Kahului,near all kite stores ,close to airport.Have fun.

Return to “Travel”