Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Puerto Rico: December 19-26: Where do I stay?

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
noldude
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Puerto Rico: December 19-26: Where do I stay?

Postby noldude » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:39 pm

I am flying into aguadilla and want to stay close to shacks. Where is an in expensive place to stay where I can eat well and be ready when the wind kicks up? Should I rent a car?

N

dannyalvarez
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Puerto Rico: December 19-26: WHERE DO I STAY

Postby dannyalvarez » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:47 pm

Yeah PR should be nice in the holidays plenty to do at night and good wind to go around..and yeah you should defently consider a car so you dont have to depend on anyone to drive and also you could do nearby road trips to other key spots.. be sure to contact either www.kiteboardingpr.com(787-374-5329) ask for Pedro he knows his stuff........he has gear if you need ................ or www.kitesurfpr.com(787.221.0635 or kitesurfpr@gmail.com) these guys will hook u up too......

Ok any questions send me a pm take care and let me know anything...
:thumb: :thumb: :bye: :bye:

detourpr
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: San Juan
Favorite Beaches: Parguera (PR), St. Marteen, Aruba, Cabarete
Style: Freestyle, Freeride
Gear: SS RPM, North Fuse, Skywalker, LF
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Puerto Rico: December 19-26: Where do I stay?

Postby detourpr » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Just in case, there are many nice guest houses beachfront at Shacks, but all you have at Shacks is beach (a great beach). I would stay there if you're going with a big group of people, in the mood for nice BBQs, beers and hanging out in the beach. Theres nothing else to do there, but a very nice hotel called Villa Montaña with 2 great (and expensive) restaurrants.. However, if you want to stay closer to night life, convenience store, restaurants, I would suggest staying at Jobos, in one of the guest houses or hotels such as www.oceanfrontpr.com/. Jobos is the main tourist/surfing beach. 3 minute drive east of Shacks, and 3 minutes drive west of Montones. Montones is a favorite kiting spot for the locals. There's a very nice complex of Villas right in front of the spot. Beautiful place. If I were you, I would pick this one. Lots of friendly kiters. Google Villa Del Mar Hau.

As Danny said...you might want to rent a car, so you can move to other surfing spots, maybe visit the caves in arecibo on non wind days. Puerto Rico is a small island and you get a lot to see in short distances. For istance, you might want to drive 2.5 hours to El Yunque, our national Rainforest, which is considered one of the new wonders of the world (or something like that). You have the bioluminscent bays at Parguera and Fajardo, dry forest in guanica. the huge Observatory at Arecibo, etc.

Take in mind that the rideable wind directions in Isabela are East and North East. Any day that is South or South East, you might want to go to Parguera, which is flatwater heaven, 1 hour and 45 mins drive from Isabela. Contact there is Puerto Rico kite and paddle club - prkbc.com
As Danny mentioned, Pedro and the guys at kitesurfpr.com are also awesome resources. Antoine and Julie from kitesurfpr.com can hook you up for some very nice wave riding at San juan.

Hope this helps

Have fun!

Return to “Travel”