Forum for travel reports and travel questions
AGT704
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiting in Aruba???

Postby AGT704 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:14 pm

the wife and I are looking for a good all inclusive resort close to good kite spots. Looking to go feb/march time frame. Anyone have any suggestions? Does anyone know what the wind is like that time of year? Ive never experienced the trade winds so I need some help, thanks!

xtremewinds
Medium Poster

Re: Kiting in Aruba???

Postby xtremewinds » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:06 am

Hello the nearest Hotel from the kite area in Noord is the Marriot, i think they are not all inclusive , the nearest all inclusive are the Riu and the Hoplliday inn, more less 1 mile walking on the beach heading south from the kite area. Tha kite area near the hotels is named Fisherman huts, very gusty off-shore winds and crowded of kite schools begginers in the only area you can return to the shore.
What i reccomend you is go with your wife to a all inclusive hotel and take coup of hours to kite yourself in Boca Grandi, Side-on shore winds very steady (Trade winds). We can help you with the transportation to there, and land and launch your kite, we ask 350 USS for that for all the week. You can contact us to xtremewinds.com

Best regards.

Fernando

George Bohn
Rare Poster

Postby George Bohn » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:23 am

you should check out venezuela, there is a great all/in hotel on coche. punta blanca. the kitespot is much better than aruba. aswel think about maybe to sail the caribbean too see more nice spots like la tortuga for example! if you are interested check www.letmekite.com
windy regards!!!george

xtremewinds
Medium Poster

Postby xtremewinds » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:51 pm

The trade winds of Aruba are in Boca Grandi, is about 30 minutes drive from the Hotels/Downtown, here you can kite with perfect constant winds and turquoise water all year around, more info www.xtremewinds.com

bogocom
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Aruba - fisherman huts & Boca Grandi
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Rise - 8,10,12
Ozone Axcess - 4
Ozone Frenzy - 7
Spleene - Rip 38 & Door 159

Postby bogocom » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:18 pm

i have been to Aruba 10 times - recently in january. Do yourself a favour and hook up with Fer and Helena at Xtremewinds. They are amazing and can show you the best places to kite all over the island and not just the huts which is awesome but not for everyone.

bigrock
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pismo

Postby bigrock » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:01 am

I am planning a kite trip this July for a week and Aruba was the leading contender for location but Im starting to doubt that choice. Maybe you guys can give me some recommendations on if Aruba would be a good choice, below are requirements: I am still a new kiter and am just getting upwind so I plan to take a lesson or two on the trip. Also I need a place that has nice resorts close as my wife will be with me. I also would like her to take some lessons, she has only done body dragging last summer. Aruba concerns me only because of the offshore wind at the schools but be-sides that it has everything I am looking for, ie. warm water (no wetsuits), smooth water, close to hotel, good wind, other activities to do. please give recommendation thanks

xtremewinds
Medium Poster

Postby xtremewinds » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:19 am

Hello

Yes the spot to kite near the hotels is off-shore, every student we have we follow them with the boat, so you never are going to stay alone off-shore. My wife Helena can teach your wife and shes going to learn for sure (provable take more than two lesson that depends on each person) I can teach you and in coup off lessons youre going to ride upwind. After that we can go to other kite spots side and on-shore. You have several hotels near Fisherman huts. Also you can xheck our web www.xtremewinds.com and contact us.

Best regards

Fernando

lalawyer
Frequent Poster

Postby lalawyer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Hey Fernando-- I'll be back in Aruba in May (1-15). I go almost every year and kite at the Huts and Boca. I would be interested in hooking up with you for a downwinder or to kite some other locations. I've kited a few times with Tice and Armando's crew.

Scott

xtremewinds
Medium Poster

Postby xtremewinds » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Hello Scott

No problem we can take you to kite in different places like Barcadera, Rogers Beach, Druif beach, also do a downwinder from Barcadera to Druif, call us to +297-733-kite(5483) or contanct us to www.xtremewinds.com

Regards

Fernando.
lalawyer wrote:Hey Fernando-- I'll be back in Aruba in May (1-15). I go almost every year and kite at the Huts and Boca. I would be interested in hooking up with you for a downwinder or to kite some other locations. I've kited a few times with Tice and Armando's crew.

Scott

lalawyer
Frequent Poster

Postby lalawyer » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:56 pm

Will do. We will be there for two weeks May 1-15, so I'll contact you when we there to set something up.

Scott

Return to “Travel”