All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Advice on cabarete
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:49 pm 
Rare Poster

I am planning onchecking out this famous spot. Any advice on where to hang out would be great. First week in April is when I have made plans. Am also looking for a instructor able to teach advance techniques.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Advice on cabarete
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 am 
Medium Poster

Cabarete has matured a fair bit the last couple years, yet retains it's fun vibe.

You will have no problem finding someone to teach you advanced lessons, just look around when you get here, and see who you get along with- best to avoid those who 'pimp' themselves on the forums.

March is typically a great month for wind, and that should carry on over into early April.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:14 pm 
Frequent Poster

Location: HookedCabarete.com Hotel/Apartments rental Cabarete/Encuentro
Hi Alexander,

Cabarete is still a great place to go for kiting and there are also many other things to do and to see. If you want do a trip while you are here, I can recommend you the 27 waterfalls of damajagua which are 30min after puerto plata. Great nature with a lot of adventrure. For the kiting I think Kite Club is the best and also most fun place to go. If you have some days with really strong winds check out la boca (the rivermounth, about 3km after Cabarete). The best downwinders are from Kitebeach to Encuentro. You will find a lot of nice waves and there are hardly any other kiters around.
Best regards from Hooked Cabarete
www.hookedcabarete.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:28 am 
Rare Poster

Just got back from there... So here's my 2 cents.. I know everyone stays at kite beach, and if you are there to kite only than this would be a good spot to stay. Just be aware that it is a long walk to town, and when its blowing, there will be close to 100 kites in the air there. If you want to experience the night life, restaurants, etc. than I would stay in town. You can always do a downwinder to kite beach and get a motochonco back.

[ 4 posts ]