Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Redondo
Favorite Beaches: Port Hueneme, C-Street
Style: twintip
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: None

July vacation Mexico or the Carribean?

Postby RomanC » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:02 am

I am planning a vacation for a week or so in July. I will be there with my wife and parents so there should be something to do besides kiting (scuba, some night life, etc.). I would like to find a place that would have a high likelihood of wind for at least one or two days when I am there (one windy day beats no windy days). I am thinking Mexico or possibly some island in the Caribbean. I've been at Cozumel and it seemed nice, but I don't know if they have wind in July (besides the occasional hurricane). I would also would like to avoid very choppy conditions or waves over 5ft.

Medium Poster
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN

Re: July vacation Mexico or the Carribean?

Postby Flysurf77 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 am

You already know cozumel and should try now Playa del Carmen. June is getting to the end of the wind season you are right but we actually have a very good end of season so far with a lot of steady wind and perfect weather.
A perfect family spot would be to stay at the Sandos Playacar Resort, in Playa del carmen itself!
PDC Kiteboarding School is located right on the beach in front of the resort!
From there you have about a mile long of private uncrowded white sandy beach to ride. The resort offers everything you need for kids and no-riders!
In case of no wind, you can Scuba dive, snorkeling, sailing, wave running, parasailing......etc.
5 min away from there is the world famous "Quinta avenida", the busiest pedestrian avenue in Mexico where you ll find restaurants, shops, beach club, and a lot of night life! :thumb:

Hooked Cabarete
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Encuentro cabarete
Kitebeach Cabarete
Workum the Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Encuentro
Style: Waveriding

Re: July vacation Mexico or the Carribean?

Postby Hooked Cabarete » Mon May 03, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi Roman,

July is one of the best monthes in Cabarete, Dominican Republic, for kitesurfing. The wind is very consistent and good in July and conditions are excellent. Apart from the kinting there are many things to do and to see in and around Cabarete for your wife and your parents. Furthermore Cabarete offers all kinds of great food & baverage in a beautiful set up on the beach and even a tempting nightlife. The international airport Puerto Plata (POP) is only 20 min. away and you shouls be able to find good deals from many destinations.
Have a look at our website if you want to see more information and picutres from the kiting and the location. We also offer accommodation and our apartments are suite very well for families and couples. Feel free to ask any questions at any time.

Windy regards from Hooked Cabarete

Return to “Travel”