Forum for travel reports and travel questions
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:28 am
- Kiting since: 0
- Brand Affiliation: None
i just started to lear kiteboarding and it seems to be so much fun
so i`m looking for some company for summer holidays! best time for me would be round 25.july-14.august and in september for about 2 weeks.
so where do i wanna go?? good question... i`m pretty flexible i`d say
fuerteventura, tarifa and egypt would be interesting, as well as zanzibar and the caribbean. and actually many more other places... difficult coice
so if somebody`s interested to join just message me...
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:19 pm
- Kiting since: 2003
- Local Beach: Encuentro cabarete
Workum the Netherlands
- Favorite Beaches: Encuentro
- Style: Waveriding
- Location: HookedCabarete.com Hotel/Apartments rental Cabarete/Encuentro
Great that you started Kiting! From June - September Cabarete in the Dominican Republic has great wind and perfect conditions for kiting. Warm water, lots of sun, consistent side / side on shore wind and wide beaches are only a few reasons why Cabarete is one of the best place to kite. You can feel the caribbean charm of this little watersport town and apart from the watersports there is also a really good nighlife with great restaurants and bars on the beach and many other things to do and to see, such as trips to waterfalls, wakeboarding, surfing, diving and snorkling and much more.
The international airport Puerto Plata is only 20min. away from Cabatete and there are great deals from Europe (condor.de, ltur.com (superlastminute deals), Ltur, Jetairfly.com)
If you want to have more information about Cabarete and the kitesurfing here have a look at our website.
- Medium Poster
- Posts: 145
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:03 pm
- Kiting since: 2007
- Local Beach: Laguna Madre, J.P. Luby
- Favorite Beaches: Cape Charles, VA. Kite Beach, Cabarete. Sullivans Island, SC. The Slick, Kitty Hawk, NC. Anse de Sables, Saint Lucia. Laguna Madre, TX.
- Style: freeride/wave
- Gear: 9m and 12m Lou Wainman Rabbits. 137x41 Brokite Freestyle.
- Brand Affiliation: Kite Naked, BroKite
- Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
That guy's right. I've been to cab twice, once was in the summer, once in the winter. Enjoyed myself immensely both times, even though we didn't get any wind the first time I went. Cab's crowded as hell though, not uncommon to see hundreds of kites on the water between Kite Beach and Bozo Bay on a windy day. If you don't mind the congestion, it's a hell of a place. If you're looking for somewhere a bit more personal to practice though, I'd suggest elsewhere. Zanzibar's secluded but has light wind that's not consistent from what I can tell. Also heard stories about how they make you pay a pretty hefty 'white tax' there if you know what I mean. Tarifa is similarly crowded during the summer, I've got a friend in Portugal now who says the conditions are just as good as Tarifa but with less of a crowd. She found a pretty sweet flatwater spot in Leucante. Never been to the Canaries but I'd like to go. I hear great things about them as well.
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:38 pm
- Kiting since: 2005
- Local Beach: Tarifa
- Favorite Beaches: Tarifa (Spain), Taiba (Brazil)
- Style: combination of old school and wakestyle
- Gear: Naish Torch
- Brand Affiliation: Naish, wavebandits intl surfcenters
If you decide to come to Tarifa, pass by in our shop - kiteschool, wifi-lounge, a lot of nice people, relaxed atmosphere!
If you have any questions concerning kitesurfing, accomodation, etc. in Tarifa, let me know: email@example.com
Best sunny regards,
Return to “Travel”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests