Kiting on Java, Indonesia

Forum for travel reports and travel questions

Rare Poster
Kiting since: 3
Style: freestyle
Gear: advance kites + airush

Kiting on Java, Indonesia

Postby ouweboef » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:24 am

So I will be in Yogyakarta(Java, Indonesia) for half a year. But for now, i couldn't find anything about kiteboarding over there. The wind picks up every afternoon according to windfinder, but is there anyone with a Javanese kiteboarding experience?

Charlie d
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008

Re: Kiting on Java, Indonesia

Postby Charlie d » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:30 am

I dont have experience kiting there, but i can say that its common to get windy. also within about 3 hours of yogyakarta there are some pretty sick surf breaks. basically, u need to go to a place called Pacitan. on a low tide walk all the way the most eastern point of the beach and surf the rivermouth an very long pointbreak with sandy bottam and friendly locals. there are gnarly reefbreaks within 40minutes drive 2 (some of them kiteable, but might be coss off shore, but the best u've ever seen.)

as for average kiting, you will have to go on googlemaps in order to find a beach that faces the right direction, but there will be some and u will almost definitely be the only rider there.

Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Almanarre
Style: Old school
Gear: Naish Torch
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Kiting on Java, Indonesia

Postby indosafe » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Few miles from Jogya try pangranretis beach ( not sure about the spell ) there is a resort on the top of the cliff , great place friendly people , watch out the blue jelly fish there .
Have fun there

Return to “Travel”