Local Beach: Cabedelo Viana do Castelo, Portugal
Gear: North Rebel 9, 2009
North Rebel 12, 2010
Nobile 555,137, 2009
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TAP taxes for KiteBag's

Postby CEPIDIX » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:50 pm

I hereby show my dissatisfaction and I think many others by the care given to its customers by TAP practicing water sports in my case kitesurf.
I purchased a ticket to Fortaleza for the sum of € 1,074.00, a very high value because there are no other carriers flying to this destination which gave me the right to carry 2 bags of 23 kg each and a handbag.
I went to Fortaleza with only a suitcase with 21kg 135cm where was my kite material, in the return I was required to pay extra € 75.00 for the same bag for transport, because it had inside sports equipment in addition i had to sign a declaration that the TAP is not responsible for anything that might happen to it, besides that the officials working in the TAP especially the manager were extremely rude.
I hope that the TAP end to this unjustified discrimination to its customers who love water sports, which beyond most certainly represent more than 60% of its customers for this destination. Next year Iberia will start travelling to this destination and I think it will win many customers from TAP because of it's bad service.

This post is in the TAP facebook i hope everyone that agrees with me goes there and make a statement

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Re: TAP taxes for KiteBag's

Postby PAFF » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm

You don't want to travel with Iberia whit sportsgear ever!!

Its like going out off AUS!!!

Take the 75 euro, and smile. ;)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: TAP taxes for KiteBag's

Postby Toby » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:41 pm

TAP is a scam. And Iberia gonna fly to NE Brazil now too...does not sound charming neither.

I hope soon a customer friendly airline will fly to Fortaleza. At least 2014 for the world cup things have to change...

Return to “Travel”