All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Costa Rica - Kitehouse or Blue Dream?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:17 pm 
Medium Poster

I stayed at Blue Dream for two weeks last winter and would stay there again. That being said each of the three kite-centric places to stay have their merrits.

Personally, when I go again....if I go back with a group of friends I would stay with Bob (kitchenettes \ fridges) whereas by myself or just with my girlfriend I'd stay at BlueDream. My friends were at KiteHouse and really liked it there.

Where ever you stay you will likely really enjoy Bahia Salinas area. My recommendation would be to eat at all restaurants and meet as many people. Those who were having the best time in Bahia Salinas were taking it all in.

I was recently in Hood River (event site and White Salmon) and would say that the wind at Bahia Salinas was better quality.

With more and more direct flights to Liberia, Costa Rica, it really is worth a trip to experience this place.

Post subject: Re: Costa Rica - Kitehouse or Blue Dream?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:40 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

I think whabbits and average kiter have summed it up pretty well. I learned to kite at Bahia Salinas (with Nicola) in 2000 and haveenjoyed the hospitality of the Blue Dream before it even was called Blue Dream. CR in general is a special place in many ways and worth a visit. When I learned in 2000 we were flying some pretty crude LEI's and even foils with hardly any depower or safety...and we learned and enjoyed even with those limitations...so now with the new gear the gustiness is very tolerable.

I've been to a lot of cool kiting spots in other corners of the world but I am still glad that I had these first experiences in Costa Rica - I can pretty much guarantee you'll have a great time and have PLENTY of wind. And beside that - visiting different spots around the world is (IMO) what makes kiting such a great sport, and the different conditions, cultures, atmosphere, travel adventure is all part of the pleasure.

Costa Rica - Pura Vida!!

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2