All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tofo / Inhambane in Mozambique - 28dec-06jan, any advice?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:08 am 
Rare Poster

Anyone there Kitesurfing during that period?

Any advice? I'll be taking my Kite but not my board, is it easy to rent one our there?

Thanks!

Greg

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:32 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi
Im from South Africa and been up there many times.... Awesome place, great for surfing, diving and kiteboarding!!!! :jump: Dont recall anyplace there to hire gear!! so i would advise to take your own gear! There doesnt look like there is any wind there at the moment, but you never know!

Good luck and enjoy....just keep to the speed limit cos the cops like to bribe you!! Dont give them any documents!!
Safe travels

Post subject: Re: Tofo / Inhambane in Mozambique - 28dec-06jan, any advice
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:16 pm 
Rare Poster

Thanks for the advice!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:58 pm 
Rare Poster

Hi,
sorry to sneak in your threat... but I'm gone be in Inhambane from middle of Feb till middle of march.

How can I get from Inhambane to the Beach? At google Maps it seems quit far to walk? Is the best way to take a taxi? Or rent a Motorbike? (We did this in Vietnam - was great fun!)

Which size of Kite is the best to bring? All sizes? Or is at this time low- or highwind seasson?

I'm looking forward to go...
Micha

@ Remo: Which Site do check the wind? Windfinder?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:35 pm 
Rare Poster

HI Kitecomedy

You cant walk from inhambane to Tofo...tofo is the beach that you will want to go to!
Inhambane is the little city, and tofo is a place about 20 min drive from Inhambane that is on the coast. There are tons of places to stay in Tofo and i really recomend going there as you wont have to worry about transport and stuff. Infact ive never heard of someone staying in the city in inhambane. Accomodation is realy cheap in tofo. Google it and you will find many places where to stay... to name a few... Bamboozi lodge, Fatima's backpackers, Turtle cove(dont go to that one)!!
the list goes on... Absolutly everything is in tofo so there will be no need to go to Inhambane except for sight seeing!
you do realise that you are on your way to tropical paradise!! :thumb: :jump:

Beaches are huge and u have flat and waves all in one. Cristal clear water, diving is 5 star :naughty:
and dinner super cheap, just go to the market in tofo and you will be buying fresh fish and huge prawns that have just been caught.

Take all your kites!!! Take surfboards and twintips.!
To check the wind go to wind guru...choose africa...then mozambique, and the spot is Praia do Tofo, Inhambane.

Many taxi's for transport!

Take your anti malaria tablets from you travel doctor cos you will be there in summer!! stay covered up at night as there is alot of malaria in mozams...do your research.

enjoy cos its going to be awesome!!!
need any more info just pop a message.
Lakka!

Remo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:18 pm 
Rare Poster

Cool!
Thanks a lot!!
Sounds very good... :D

I'm staying probably lot of time in Inhambane, because I visit Friends and Family there, but I see what's happening...
Can't wait to go,
Micha

[ 6 posts ]