All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kailua Oahu in March
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:27 am 
Rare Poster

I’m spending a week in Kailua this month. I will be kiting at Kailua Beach Park. Planning to bring two kites and rent a board. I’m 170lbs (77kg). Anyone familiar with the winds on that part of Oahu. I know Kailua Bay is open to the trades and would like to bring an 11 & 9m, both Slingshot T3’s. The 11 has power if the wind is 15 knots. I have a 14m but don’t want to bring it along if I don’t have to. Any advice.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Kailua Oahu in March
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:30 am 
Rare Poster

Go to Maui instead....I know not always an option but if it is you'll be better off.

If not then Kailua is probably the most beautiful place I have ever kited but the wind is not that consistent or strong. I would consider bringing bigger kites or renting a bigger directional board each day. Other option is to head to the North shore of Oahu and go to Moks or Mokulia as it is called. Waves and better wind.

If all else fails your still in Hawaii, not like you can have a bad day.

Post subject: Re: Kailua Oahu in March
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:35 am 
Frequent Poster

Well it looks like you will be in luck if your here next week. The predictions have been saying mid20s. Any chance you were the guy flying the yellow T3 yesterday in Kailua? I was amazed at how well that kite was relaunching in such crap wind. If kailua is too light to kite look me up, I usually have the green hobie16 rigged

[ 3 posts ]