Tarifa
Leucate
Gear: Looking to change up!
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tarifa in June

Postby ChickenTikka » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:04 pm

Well, I'm on my way to GIB. BA was a little worried about my luggage, seeing as I have about 150 pounds of it, but they decided not to charge me.

Im wondering how well I will do with the luggage at the border tomorrow. In any case, I'm excited to see if this place is what it's cracked up to be. Viva Tarifa!

ChickenTikka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Thailand
Bol, Croatia
Mui. Ne Vietnam
Tarifa
Leucate

Postby ChickenTikka » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Well I have been here a week and I have to say I have not been that impressed with either the place or the wind. I think I've been unlucky with the wind, but Tarifa is not that exciting either.

I've been on my 12 meter on the days that I have managed to kite. I got my 8 meter out once. The past two days there has been no wind for kiting. On the days where I did get to kite it was only in the afternoon for a few hours. It has primarily been poniente and pretty damn weak.

Tarifa itself is kinda a bore. There is not much here except for overpriced shops, marginal restaurants (with a few exceptions), and lodging that is pretty poor. Maybe I've been spoiled by Asia but I expected a bit more.

I'm looking at the forecast and considering ending my vacation a few days early as I'm miserable without wind here and driving my girlfriend nuts because of it. With no relief in sight from the doldrums I think the best thing I can do is move my flight up out of here.

ChickenTikka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Thailand
Bol, Croatia
Mui. Ne Vietnam
Tarifa
Leucate

Postby ChickenTikka » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Well I have been here a week and I have to say I have not been that impressed with either the place or the wind. I think I've been unlucky with the wind, but Tarifa is not that exciting either.

I've been on my 12 meter on the days that I have managed to kite. I got my 8 meter out once. The past two days there has been no wind for kiting. On the days where I did get to kite it was only in the afternoon for a few hours. It has primarily been poniente and pretty damn weak.

Tarifa itself is kinda a bore. There is not much here except for overpriced shops, marginal restaurants (with a few exceptions), and lodging that is pretty poor. Maybe I've been spoiled by Asia but I expected a bit more.

I'm looking at the forecast and considering ending my vacation a few days early as I'm miserable without wind here and driving my girlfriend nuts because of it. With no relief in sight from the doldrums I think the best thing I can do is move my flight up out of here.

Return to “Travel”