SurferJ
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Where to go on exchange?

Postby SurferJ » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:27 pm

Hey.

I have the opportunity to go on exchange as a student. I want to go to a place where there is either good surf or kitesurfing available. Unfortunatly i am an UG student so i cant go to cape town, and there is only one spot on the university on Hawaii and that might be taken by another student scoring top grades. Besides Hawaii i have done good and can pretty much choose them all if i want to.

My only requirement is good conditions and the school beeing close to the water, english speaking people and warmer weather than Denmark :D

Anyways here is the list of places:

https://e-campus.dk/intl-office/before- ... e-can-i-go

If these arent good enough, i have the option to freemove for a bit more $$$ so i might consider it.

Thanks in advance.

Johan

SurferJ
Rare Poster

Re: Where to go on exchange?

Postby SurferJ » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:43 pm

Let me add that the exchange is going to happen from summer(august) to winter(December-January) 2012

bajaDean
Rare Poster
Local Beach: laventana baja california sur Mexico

Re: Where to go on exchange?

Postby bajaDean » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:04 pm

your criteria was English only, but I will tell you here in baja Mexico the town of LaPaz you can definitely get around in english. Have many friends who put their kids in school "college" and they did just fine.

The windsurfing kiting location is 30 miles from LaPaz, here in LaVentana. there is a bus you could take to LaPaz in the morning that leaves at 7am. and hitch hiking back is easily doable and very safe. as the first bus gets back at 3pm which only gives you 2 hours of water time.

The town i live in is LaVentana and I am beachfront. We can work something out for as far rent if you are interested. Just be aware I am a windsurfer.... and almost all my friends are now kiters.

the universities in LaPaz are so inexpensive you will laugh when you find out how much the tuition is. it is less than the cost of a used kite.... so even if it is coming out of your pocket who cares... this is once in a lifetime for you...

though you have heard of all the drug war problems Mexico has, the murder rate in LaPaz is lower than almost any city in the world. Southern baja has virtually no serious crime because it is so remote.

my website is www.la-ventana.com and i have a information site www.la-ventana.info where you can find other links to other information sites.

Our wind blows from October to May.

it does get cold here in the winter, last winter we had a night that hit 52 degrees F. winter daytime is 72-80 almost every day. We have 3 days of rain a year. and 362 days of sunshine. the water you will be in a bathing suit, where I will be in a shorty wetsuit. bring your shorty.

for others if they want to visit you there is a resort 5 lots away they are http://www.kiteparadise.biz

to get here you would fly in cabo san lucas because LAP airport is generally to pricy. and take a bus, about 2 hours. it is a very nice bus and very safe. OR fly to San Diego, take a bus directly to TJ airport and fly to LaPaz.

Return to “Travel”