Forum for travel reports and travel questions
Dreamer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Brazil on a budget in January

Postby Dreamer » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:58 am

Hi we're going to brazil for three weeks in January and the plane ticket has costed more than expected so we have less money left over for the rest of the trip.

Do you have any good suggestions for getting the most bang for our buck and still squeze the most fun out of our stay?

My idea is to spend a week or so in Cumbuco without a car just getting acquainted with the place. Then maybe rent a car and drive up the coast as far as we can without a 4x4 sleeping/eating at the cheapest places we can find on the way.

How would this compare pricewise to just staying in cumbuco for the three weeks?

Dreamer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brazil on a budget in January

Postby Dreamer » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:35 pm

How about finding vacancies while venturing up north towards Jeri? What I mean is that being high season will it be hard to find places to stay every two or three days without a reservation?

I live in a touristic area in spain and here if you come on high season without a reservation you could easily end up having to sleep in your car or paying a fortune to sleep in places that have availability simply because they are very overpriced.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated since this would be the first time that we attempt something like this and we are a little scared. :-?

Return to “Travel”