I am planning to take about 3 months off this winter, starting from February 2012. Would like to saddle down in a perfect kitesurfing spot for me for first 4 weeks or so and then travel around the area and the neighboring countries for the rest of the time - if possible then also kiting here and there. By current plan I would go there alone and after a month or so my girlfriend would join for tripping around.
The hardest part seems to be picking the perfect kite-spot, as I seem to have quite high expectations:
- Very warm water during that time
- No chop, no waves, no beachbrake - fields of crystal clear flat (waves can be also, outside reefs)
- Wind 16knots or more 80%+ of days
- Not very crowded, sik-sak`ing billion kiters
- Quite cheap accommodation - about $20/day max. Should be clean and with AC, otherwise nothing fancy
- Quite cheap but good food - ~$10/day eating out
- Mainly quiet and relaxed atmosphere - not looking for partying, rather to take time off and rest
- Friendly locals
- Something to do/see nearby during no-wind-days - go sightseeing with motorbike etc.
- Not supercrazy/-expensive to get there and away
- Would rather avoid extreme amount of moskitos or other similar disadvantages
I know that it is a lot to hope for but I`m sure a similar spot exists. Some places that have cached my eye:
- would be very cool if it was´nt that crowded and kite-beach so dirty (sewers go into there)
- Mui Ne bay
- seems to be very crowded and no flat/lagoons
- Carnasa Island
- I mean WOW, this could be the spot, but the only accommodation there is that $400/day resort?
- Kingfisher bay
- Again very cool spot, but is there accommodation near my budget range? Any other comments?
- Phu Quy island
- is near Mui Ne and so far it seems the best found yet. It seems to have everything I look for, but other activities nearby. Any comments about this spot?
Correct me if I`m wrong. But, please also share some spots that I would be looking for. I am starting to be late in booking flights already. I know there can be secret spots which kiters dont want to overcrowd with
..but I can assure I`m not going to spoil those spots so you can PM me about those
By the way I bring my own equipment so kite-centers would be issue only for emergency repairs etc.
Thank you very much in advance.