Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Want to go to Cabarete Dominican Republic??

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
sucker4wind
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Picnic Island, East Beach, Unemployment Beach
Style: old school freestyle
Gear: Core, Aboard, Crazyfly, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Want to go to Cabarete Dominican Republic??

Postby sucker4wind » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Interested in a kite trip to Cabarete? I have been traveling for kiting trips all over the world for about 5 years. Some trips have been great and some not so great. It would be awesome if I knew local kiters at my destination to give me advice but most of the time we are on our own. Here’s your chance to travel to one of the greatest kiting destinations on the planet. My father, Rick, who is also a kiter, has 2 condos in Cabarete at Velero Beach Resort (velerobeach.com). This is by far the best accommodations you can get in Cabarete. For $200 per night (total-not per person-4 people maximum) you get:
*Transfers from and to the airport (Puerta Plata POP)
*Stay in a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo on the beach with kitchen, pool, wifi and all amenities. (You may see other places to stay for $60 each but they are kind of ratty.)
* Use of kiteboards (which saves you $100 each way on most airlines)
*Most importantly- you get Local Knowledge. Where to go whether it’s a nature trip to a cave or waterfall or “successful” nightlife-you will not be guessing.
Cabarete has something for everyone and you are sure to have a great vacation at a lower rate than you would on your own.
Rick is a US citizen and very personable. He also has resident status in the Dominican Republic. This is very important as the D.R. is a “third world” country. English is not widely spoken and if you are driving a car down the highway, many times you will get pulled over at random police stops for no reason. When that happens, you must “tip” the policemen who definitely don’t speak English. This does not happen when riding with a resident.
If you want more information on how to book a trip, please email him directly at: rickbrackins@msn.com Also, will consider reciprocating a kiting trip for me at your location. Where to you live???

Return to “Travel”