Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

February holiday choices - Caribbean ?

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
SonnyRider1
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: February holiday choices - Caribbean ?

Postby SonnyRider1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:52 pm

We don't mind making the effort for a nice(awesome?) place. Maybe it is worth while splitting the holiday up and have a few days on Barbados. then go to Union. Or maybe do barbados and a few days in Union?
Only we can decide that one :roll:

I appreciate no-one can forecast what the wind is going to do. But to travel a long way to sit on a beach is not my idea of a holiday.

Mexico does look good
As does the unmentionable island :lol:

yzbob
Medium Poster
Gear: Mixed

Postby yzbob » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:21 pm

Hi i am also looking into a kite holiday in the caribbean around feb/march/april probably for 4 or 6 weeks. Places i have been several times over several months in the last few years include Aruba, Mexico, Jamaica, St Martin. In my experience you can pretty much guarantee 40-60% in Aruba and Jamaica, in feb/ march, quite possibly every day if your lucky. the other 2 have been more hit and miss for me, but i'd still say 30%, 40% guarantee.
I'm looking at st lucia, st kitts and grenadines, Barbados area this time around? So would love people to post info on those. I Also wouldn't rule out Puerto Rico but would need convincing. I Prefer to have somewhere that for the most part i roll out of bed and onto the kite beach. a few bars near by to enjoy a couple of beers in the evening. I will be following this post with interest to see other peoples experiences.

bob

Vin Stefanelli
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Frenzy
Naish Shockwave

Postby Vin Stefanelli » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 am

I kite boarded every day, ten in a row @ the southernmost resort pineapple or coconut bay in St Lucia sure a few 2were on a rrd doorboard and a 12M rpm buuuuuuuut it was worth it

in Febuary 2011

in Feb 2012 i kited fewer days in Antigua w/ 40knots and that was super fun!

in the previous 6 years in a row i went to Cozumel and kited with a guy named Raul, Real, PacoChan and Adrian (Puro Mar) and also discovered the best snorkleing, dining, beaching, mixed drinks, (Coral Princess Hotel!) ever. one can also scuba (world class) get hobiecats, jetskiis glass bottom boats or kayaks, off road atv or jeep tours, etc

lots and lots to do juuuuuuuust in case its not windy.

my faveorite thing of all was kitesurfing around some of the sickest ever luxury yachts around in Antigua (40knots kiteschool)

Vin Stefanelli
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Frenzy
Naish Shockwave

Postby Vin Stefanelli » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 am

I kite boarded every day, ten in a row @ the southernmost resort pineapple or coconut bay in St Lucia sure a few 2were on a rrd doorboard and a 12M rpm buuuuuuuut it was worth it

in Febuary 2011

in Feb 2012 i kited fewer days in Antigua w/ 40knots and that was super fun!

in the previous 6 years in a row i went to Cozumel and kited with a guy named Raul, Real, PacoChan and Adrian (Puro Mar) and also discovered the best snorkleing, dining, beaching, mixed drinks, (Coral Princess Hotel!) ever. one can also scuba (world class) get hobiecats, jetskiis glass bottom boats or kayaks, off road atv or jeep tours, etc

lots and lots to do juuuuuuuust in case its not windy.

my faveorite thing of all was kitesurfing around some of the sickest ever luxury yachts around in Antigua (40knots kiteschool)

Return to “Travel”