lenker
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Bulabog
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Tips for Boracay this winter

Postby lenker » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:23 am

You've got to be quite lucky to get wind in October, better towards late October.

smokedvw
Rare Poster

Postby smokedvw » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:06 pm

Funny I planned to move here for 4 months but the night life turned me off since from other backpackers who have been they said there isnt to much going on. Yes there is nightlife but not the same as I was expecting when I first heard about the place I thought it would be raging nightlife every night. After reading multiple blogs and talking to people it didnt sound like that.

How much time did you spend there and where would you compare it to in South East Asia or Europe for partying?

dt73775
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Alameda, Sherman
Gear: Bandit 4, Ozone V9

Postby dt73775 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:18 am

Funny I planned to move here for 4 months but the night life turned me off since from other backpackers who have been they said there isnt to much going on. Yes there is nightlife but not the same as I was expecting when I first heard about the place I thought it would be raging nightlife every night. After reading multiple blogs and talking to people it didnt sound like that.

Dude, you have to be comatose not to notice the night life . Dont know what those guys you talked to were looking for, but that place is one big night party . AND I've been to Bangkok ......

trudy2surfing
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Bulabog Beach, Boracay
Favorite Beaches: Bulabog Beach, Boracay, Philippines
Watergate Bay, Cornwall, UK
Style: non-existant
Gear: none

Postby trudy2surfing » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:56 am

Hi, Following on from the discussion around the party scene on Boracay; on a recent online survey by Cheapflights.com Boracay was in the top 10 Party Beaches, beating Ibiza and South Beach Miami.
There is a strong party scene here, and always has been.
Alongside the regular clubs that are open every night, there are other parties and club nights hosted such as the Full Moon Party at Area 51 on Bulabog Beach (Boracay's primary wind/kite surfing beach Oct-May).
There are lots of clubs to choose from the top ones include Epic, Club Paraw, Juice Bar, Summerplace, Guilly's.

There is always something happening on Boracay; check out the facebook pages of boracay.travel and Boracay Sun (local paper), Boracay Island, Boracay Community for updates

kista
Rare Poster

Postby kista » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:09 am

Hello!

I'm traveling to Boracay this winter from 28 December till 3 January. It is possible that is everything booked? Does anyone know for good place to stay and it has room for 4 persons?

I will much appreciate any answer. Thank you.

Br, Jernej

Gnarfskt
Medium Poster
Style: Jumping
Gear: Cabrinha Crossbow

Postby Gnarfskt » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:11 am

If you're looking for really cheap and good accomodation then check out Frency Resorts! You can read about this resort and much more about Boracay here: http://kite2012.com/category/kite-spots/boracay/page/2/

kista
Rare Poster

Postby kista » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:18 am

Do you have any contact from them?

ChickenTikka
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Thailand
Bol, Croatia
Mui. Ne Vietnam
Tarifa
Leucate
Gear: Looking to change up!

Postby ChickenTikka » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:03 pm

dt73775 wrote:Is it anygood in October. Planning to hit Manila. I will swing by if its worth it
Yeah, I second that question? Is the wind any good in October? Early November? I'm looking for a kiting trip.

Return to “Travel”