All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mui Ne in October
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:35 pm 
Rare Poster

I keep changing my mind. I spent all weekend looking at different post on where to go in SE Asia in October. I am limited on the time I can go because of work. I will be there first two weeks of October. I am getting mixed reviews for wind in Vietnam. Some say it will work, some say it wont. Will I wastes my money, and only sit on the beach not kiting? If I thought I could kite 50% of the time I would maybe go. I figured out that the passport thing is not that bad, seems like i can get a preapproval letter from a kite company there to get a visa.
The other options were Borcay or Taiwan. Both are more exspensive and I have to pay for flight, and seem more difficult to get to. Also Borcay seems like it is borderline wind as well that time of year.
Help. I promise I will post results if I go.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Mui Ne in October
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:24 pm 
Frequent Poster

Taiwan is option
Vietnam is not

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:09 pm 
Frequent Poster

Unfortunately, October is the worst month for wind in Mui Ne. If you go to www.windsurfvietnam.com, you can find charts for the number of windy days each month for the past 5+ years, and October is terrible. Could get lucky, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Ken

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:23 am 
Rare Poster

Thanks I listened to my little voice and a few honest individuals who emailed me from vietnam and decided to just come to Macau and work. I will be back in a few weeks and hopefully will go with better chances. I just hope I can get a place when it gets windy.

[ 4 posts ]