Forum for travel reports and travel questions
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:49 am
- Kiting since: 2012
- Local Beach: Matheson Hammocks Park
- Style: Unknown
- Gear: Wainman 6.25, 9, 12, and Sling Shot 17
Wainman Cruzer 141
Spleene Door 159
- Brand Affiliation: none
I have a friend who recently offered me tickets next year to fly stand by on American Airlines. I'm planning to to go somewhere for 2 weeks May, June. or July. Any advice on places American Airlines flies to with good flat water and consistent wind during those months. Thank you
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 391
- Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:50 pm
- Kiting since: 2000
- Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA
Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
- Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
- Style: all styles of kite riding
- Gear: Blade
- Brand Affiliation: Blade
yes. South Padre Island, Texas is World class, especially in the Spring.
AA gets u to houston, then connect to Brownsville, Harlingen (valley international), or McAllen and drive / shuttle to the Island.
a rental car is nice but you dont even need one: $6 taxis anywhere, plus free shuttles up and down the Island, wicked surf downwinders and epic flatwater.
Prokite Lesson Centerhttp://www.prokitesouthpadre.com
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:14 am
- Kiting since: 2008
- Local Beach: NYC/NJ
- Brand Affiliation: None
Hatteras! Fly to Norfolk, VA. Rent a car. Drive 2 1/2 hours south and then enjoy awesome slicks! And waves too if you want.
Return to “Travel”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests