Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Recommend me a destination for November & December

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Re: Recommend me a destination for November & December

Postby longwhitecloud » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 pm

nz -direct flight, more coastline than USA, as little as 50km from one ocean to another (completely different conditions) and 100th of the population. On the same day I can kite and surf on different oceans in completely different conditions, around 100 beaches within hours drive of me. Warm Nov Dec. Nov Dec is start of cyclone season swells hitting east coast. West coast always has waves as directly face southern ocean. It's maritme weather so you travel around according to the forecast (in a camper van for example), it's not like maui where it is exactly the same spot each day.

pdb1121
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kwajalein
Gear: 2012 Airush Lithium 12m
2009 Best Nemesis 10m
2012 Wainman Smoke 9m
Airush Xover 142
2012 OR MAko King
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby pdb1121 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:13 pm

If you are willing to travel, Thailand has numerous spots with widely varied seasons and most you can rent gear at. (By the time you travel w/ your own board, you can easily get robbed for $200/ flight by the airlines.) Kiteboard asia site has the info you need.

Boracay PI is flat and recommended. You can rent gear there. Wind is right in December. Play your cards right and you can have a stopover in HI. Jump up to Maui for a few days.

A friend enjoyed Equador. He was able to rent gear. I don't know the seasons. It wasn't a super crowded experience, or over touristy, yet. Water sounded failry rough. If you have specific questions, I can pass them on. I know he did some good downwinders.

NZ is my dream travel kiteboarding vacation. Yes, rent a camper van. Live at the beach. Take a week long kiteboarding tour from locals to learn the lay of the land. My only problem w/ NZ is they have the same windy season as I do. I want to kite in my off season. Trying Maui next month. Hope I can handle the crowds and not torque anyone off.

yamahu
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Mexico, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Mexico
Style: Freeride, freestyle
Gear: North Vegas 10, North Neo 7
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby yamahu » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:46 pm

Why not La Ventana, Mexico. For you from Vancouver its good. Cheap and wind every day.

paco chan
Rare Poster
Local Beach: kitebeach mikes bar , san martin beach. lagoon
Favorite Beaches: cozumel beaches
Style: free style ,wave riding
Gear: cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: instructor

Postby paco chan » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:40 am

hola my name is paco the best ´place to go and kite those moths of the year with warm water is cozumel mexico we nice spot to kite from flat water and waves are winds are from nort east flat water south east wave ride im local rider here and the island and i can show you nice spots also i have a boat to take kiter to make donw winds i have lots friends from vancouver who comes here every year for kiting moths size the pleople rides those moths is 11 9 7 meter winds is 18 to 30 knots if you want more info you can conctac me at surfpacos@hotmail.com
Attachments
DSC_2462.JPG
DSC_1367.JPG

CTwatersports
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach
Haakgat
Sunset Beach
Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach
Haakgat
Sunset Beach
Gear: Cabrinha
Vanhunks
Liquid Force

Postby CTwatersports » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:06 am

It is a bit of a long flight, but definitely Cape Town South Africa.

The currency is super weak, so your accommodation and living expenses will be a breeze. You can also buy gear for cheap and claim your 14% VAT back before you leave.

You've got hot African sun and wind so good that the Red Bull King of the Air competition is returning for Jan 2014 http://capetown-watersports.com/red-bull-king-air-2014/

Basically fly out to Cape Town and it will definitely become your top kiting destination guaranteed.

For all other info check this out http://capetown-watersports.com/

Return to “Travel”